Bartering in Texas, clarification

Okay, so I really wanted to offer a service as a barter for a provider's services, I live in Texas, is that legal?

I can't quite tell with the language of the law and that's probably reason enough to avoid it. Say I was a plumber and I was willing to do plumbing for L1, would that even be considered paying a fee?

I tried making heads or tails in the sticky but it didn't totally seem definitive in this context.
Is your plumbing "of value?" If the court can establish a regular plumber would have charged say $250 for the work you did expecting service in return, it's a no brainer.
Okay, so I really wanted to offer a service as a barter for a provider's services, I live in Texas, is that legal?

I can't quite tell with the language of the law and that's probably reason enough to avoid it. Say I was a plumber and I was willing to do plumbing for L1, would that even be considered paying a fee?

I tried making heads or tails in the sticky but it didn't totally seem definitive in this context. Originally Posted by exoticdanceweardealer
I think the thread you're referring to states the following, in the first post: "The courts define 'fee' and 'for hire' broadly to include basically anything of value. In other words, the prosecution does not have to prove cash was involved." Sorry that wasn't clear enough for you. Haha.
Isn't that some BS, well I guess it should have been clear but high hopes you know. :P
Nice try. Nice tries keep my sugar baby in Victoria's Secret bras. Haha.
Yeah, I like to lay a little pipe once in awhile myself.