Ethical question....

There was a point made in another thread about clients not having "full access" to BCD information in order to make an informed decision on whether to see a provider or not. Here's my question. Let's say Hobbyist John is looking for a provider for a good time. He stumbles onto this site and finds several potential providers; however, he only has access to the public information in reviews and not the juicy stuff in the BCD area. Let's say he PMs one of the reviewers and asks for more detail (i.e. the BCD info). Is it ethical for that reviewer to respond with a more detailed report/review PM to the original questioner?
To a point, I think so...as long as only important information is exchanged, and it is not copied and pasted to him. Such as, whether or not a girl does BBFS, mostly likely that would not be posted in the public area, but he can PM someone and ask "did she BBFS?" that that should be fine.

I guess what I am saying is, it is fine for a need to know basis only. IMHO
I see nothing ethically wrong with it (he's just seeking an opinion), but it may not be a good idea from a security standpoint if the handle has little or no posting history. He could be anyone -- might not even be a "he", for that matter.
If you are the reviewer, then I think it's perfectly acceptable and ethical for you to share that info with a non-premium access guy if you want to. I also think it's fine to ignore the guy if you want to. I've done both depending on what the request was, how it was worded, and my mood of the day.
I would have to disagree here for one reason. Stalking! If you do not know this person, and the provider in question is trying to keep a half-ass low profile, then it could be a bad situation. example: ex hubby/bf makes up handle... thinks his ex wife/gf was shady, etc... acts like he's interested in booking... and hobbyist in question goes into detail... you get the pic.

It would be polite to pm the provider first just to see if it is okay to give out that info to john doe.

just my thoughts
I can definitely see your point Ms. Vixian. To me, detailed personal information that could link a provider to a real world identity shouldn't even be in the ROS and I definitely wouldn't be answering questions like that to some random poster.
It definitely depends on the specific information being requested.

OK: "I'm looking for someone with great oral skills. Do you think she qualifies?"

"Did she seem to enjoy what she does?"

"Was upselling an issue?"

Not OK: "Where exactly was her incall?"

"Is she a student at (insert name of university here)?"

"Does she have a small blue dolphin tattooed on her left ankle?"

Run For The Hills: "After reading your review of Provider X, I'd like to meet
both of you tomorrow. Sound like fun?"
One can make informed decisions by simply reading the public portion of the review, the posts on the thread, and how the provider posts on the board. The info is there, just look.
I don't think it is an ethical issue...more one of norms (if not rules if specifically dictated by board management)....what should be and is consistently shared backchannel and with whom is not an "ethical" question in my view.

And I don't think a non-access member is owed anything...it is a favor...

If you are the reviewer, then I think it's perfectly acceptable and ethical for you to share that info with a non-premium access guy if you want to. I also think it's fine to ignore the guy if you want to. I've done both depending on what the request was, how it was worded, and my mood of the day. Originally Posted by Shackleton
Whether you are the reviewer or not I think it makes sense to do a little simple vetting of the guy writing you a PM. Did he register last week or has he been around for awhile? etc.
I think it depends on the amount of informations that is asked. The BCD part of the reviews is what creates either reviews or money for the owners of the site. If you give that away, you are giving away their intellectual capital. So quoting liberally from the BCD material is probably unethical. However, if you simply say "Based on the BCD information that I've seen, she seems to have positive reviews," I think that is fair use of copyrighted material.

However, if the same person asks the same questions a dozen times about a dozen different providers, that may not be fair use. He may be routinely circumventing paying for BCD access. Much depends on context. I'd just use my common sense.
TTH, where does common sense really exist in the hobby? Or even in real life? You might be asking too much.
It exists in some folks. Some folks don't have a lick of it and never will. A few who don't have it will grow into a modicum of it, but not many. I think by and large you either have it or you don't by the time your about 13 or so. But for good or for ill -- and I'm ready to vote which -- it does seem to be an increasingly rare commodity in all walks of life.
If I don't personally know you, I would only give you what is available to everyone. ROS information is for those that have PA. If I personally know you I will be a little more forthcoming with my info. However, you will probably have PA.

Chipper
If I don't personally know you, I would only give you what is available to everyone. ROS information is for those that have PA. If I personally know you I will be a little more forthcoming with my info. However, you will probably have PA.

Chipper Originally Posted by chipper
+1

At some point you have to think about the lady's safety. We all know LE has access to BCD, but I feel like if you pm someone who doesnt have BCD access detailed info then your increasing the chances of the provider being caught. Thats just my opinion on it you dont have to agree.
I know I'm relatively new to this site, and tend to speak my mind a lot. If it helps to decide, I will say that while your screening system is far from perfect, none are perfect. I have gotten about 3-5 steps into trying to use other sites claiming verification of their members. Eccie stood out to me because it wasn't just hell-bent on getting my CC# to prove I wasn't LE. That seems to me to be the EASIEST way LE could infiltrate a site. This site incentivizes it's readers to watch out for each other's back/back pocket. ROS BCD stuff the best parts, it's what's missing when a troller passes by. It's what made me go, you know I've been meaning to try out that InfamousBJ. Hope that helps your decision.