Post-racial America!

OK, this obviously proves that racism is dead and we are living in a post-racial society (extreme sarcasm warning). What are all those minorities and Democrats complaining about?

Indiana police threaten to Taser black firefighter in the face for waving at them

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...ing-at-officer

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/1...aving-at-them/

Well, as they say here in Texas, "Hell, it don't matter, he was probably guilty of somethin' so he had it comin' to him".
[QUOTE=austxjr;1053678993]OK, this obviously proves that racism is dead and we are living in a post-racial society (extreme sarcasm warning). What are all those minorities and Democrats complaining about?

Indiana police threaten to Taser black firefighter in the face for waving at them

Well, as they say here in Texas, "Hell, it don't matter, he was probably guilty of somethin' so he had it comin' to him".[/QUOT

In the article that you posted it said the officer pulled his taser because the man refused to lower his arm, which means he refused to obey a lawful order from an officer. Maybe you read a different one.
Its easy to find out who is racist. Everyone who supports Trayvon Martin is RACIST!
[QUOTE=thisguy23;1053679111]
OK, this obviously proves that racism is dead and we are living in a post-racial society (extreme sarcasm warning). What are all those minorities and Democrats complaining about?

Well, as they say here in Texas, "Hell, it don't matter, he was probably guilty of somethin' so he had it comin' to him".[/QUOT

What makes me mad about this is the fact that my tax dollars paid for your education and it was a total waste. Read to story again slooooowly. The officer pulled his taser because he refused a lawful order to put his arm down. Originally Posted by austxjr
What makes me sad it that you got an education and can only resort to ad hominem attacks rather than reasonable discussion of different viewpoints, much less that you obviously haven't learned to think and don't want to diminish your own ignorance. Any order a police officer gives is not a "lawful order". It has to be reasonable within the context of the situation and usually it has to be SOP. What led up to what you say is a "lawful order" is important. Why would the police officer have the right or reason to give that lawful order? Nothing the bicyclist did was unlawful or a threat except perhaps going through the stop sign (which doesn't warrant that level of response, period).

I'll keep it simple so you can maybe understand and respond rationally. Tell us what threat a guy waving on a bicycle is to two armed police in a cruiser is to warrant that type of response (he wasn't waving an AK-47 after all)?

You read the story and did not comprehend that the police completely overreacted to a nonthreatening normal behavior (unless you believe that waving at cops at any time is abnormal). Maybe the cop was a vet and has PTSD which would be an explanation, but still not a reasonable response. "Contempt of Cop" is not a legitimate law enforcement purpose, but a type of "occupational arrogance" when a police officer thinks he or she should not be challenged or questioned about anything he/she does. Waving while riding a bike is not a threatening behavior (and I contend would likely not have been asserted to be one if the firefighter was white) and the cops should not have driven in front of the bicyclist to stop and confront him. They completely acted out of bounds on this one IMHO. If it had been a car and they were stopping him for going through the stop sign, they would have gotten behind him, turned on their lights and waited for him to stop as SOP. As it is they endangered his life and safety unnecessarily twice by pulling in front of him and blocking him, then throwing him down on the ground and cuffing him.

I personally saw three Round Rock police officers and a sheriff three cars do this to a 12 year old girl and her 9 year old brother on his bike and detain and question them for 20 or 30 minutes. Was that reasonable too?

U. S. Supreme Court decision in City of Houston v. Hill, 482 U.S. 451 (1987), "The freedom of individuals verbally to oppose or challenge police action without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state." — 482 U.S. 451, at 463

I think we as citizens have the right to wave at the police too, but maybe I'm wrong.

The police are our public "servants" not enforcers with impunity for us to instantly follow their instructions instantly and without questioning (though that may be wise since they carry guns and if they kill you it is only their story that will be heard). There are lots of good cops and they do a hard job under circumstances that are far from ideal, but there is also a lot of "occupational arrogance" in policing where they think they are above the law and citizens, or "civilians" as they call us, should never question their authority or even question then at all in anything they do nor should they ever have to explain or appear rational or reasonable.

THINK ABOUT IT, if you were riding a bike down your neighborhood street and waved at a cop and they pulled in front of you and came out of the car with hand on gun/tazer and forced you off the bike on the ground face down with no explanation and cuffed you and threatened to tazer you when you were bewildered and thought maybe I'll call the mayor or police chief whom I know, would it be OK and reasonable (or is that reasonable with blacks but not with whites)? I wouldn't consider that reasonable or right in my neighborhood, thus I don't think it is right in any other neighborhood in the U.S.A. (Compton or downtown Detroit included). You tell me?
Rock, your handle pretty much describes your brain and intellect you creepy ass cracker troll.

Looks like your the "Creepy Ass Cracker Troll" expert. Guess you were appointed as the anointed one after Dumbama to determine who is a "Creepy Ass Cracker Troll"!

You are a typical liberal racist and probably will rise to the high ranks of the KKK that your party started.
Rock, your handle pretty much describes your brain and intellect you creepy ass cracker troll.

Originally Posted by austxjr
Sorry, I'm not used to having a reasonable discussion with someone using facts that are not true. He didn't pull his taser because the guy waved at him, and he didn't force him to the ground like you stated. If I want to have a discussion about fictional events I'll talk to my bothers 9yr old about dragons and unicorns.
creepy ass cracker Originally Posted by austxjr
That's not a derogatory remark, or weren't you listening when Rachel Jeantel testified, you hypocritical, lib-retard fool?
  • Old-T
  • 08-18-2013, 03:36 PM
In the article that you posted it said the officer pulled his taser because the man refused to lower his arm, which means he refused to obey a lawful order from an officer. Maybe you read a different one.[/B] Originally Posted by thisguy23;1053679111[B
And in your simplistic mind that equates an "unlawful wave" and getting tased? At some point there needs to be some REASONABLE belief that there is threatening or illegal behavior involved.

Otherwise it is just as the OP stated.
where is the dash cam video at?
And in your simplistic mind that equates an "unlawful wave" and getting tased? At some point there needs to be some REASONABLE belief that there is threatening or illegal behavior involved.

Otherwise it is just as the OP stated. Originally Posted by Old-T
You might want to read the article. Him waving at the officer had nothing to do with any of this. The officer decides what is threatening or illegal behavior until it gets to a court of law. I'm no big fan of cops but that is the way it is.

It was not as the OP stated, not according to me but according to the article he linked to.
  • CJ7
  • 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by austxjr

I'm not going to dignify anything else he posts with a response ...

he's the only one that understand himself, so let him talk to himself
Alas, CJ7 goes into the dust because he cannot articulate an intelligent thought, provide actual facts, and lastly, cannot create a word longer than 3 characters!

I'm not going to dignify anything else he posts with a response ...

he's the only one that understand himself, so let him talk to himself Originally Posted by CJ7