R.I.P. Cal Worthington

For those of you who grew up in Southern California in the 1970s, you will remember the commercials for Cal Worthington and his dog Spot.
He died this week at 92.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsLdT4slsk
I remember Cal Worthington selling cars. Every weekend, different outfits and hats. He was as famous as Earl Schwibe painting any car, any color, 29.99. Of course, that included the tires, bumpers, half the windows, and lights. Remember him?
An end of an era and Truly a SoCal icon. Next thing you know they'll level Bandini mtn.
Good, he was run out of Houston before they tarred and feathered him.
Good, he was run out of Houston before they tarred and feathered him. Originally Posted by pyramider
Must be where he got that gawd awful hat......
Good? I remember when he tried to come to Houston. But Good?
"If you wanna buy a car, go see cal, if you wanna buy a car and you want your payments low, go see cal, go see cal, go see cal"

Remember the announcement, "Here's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!" Of course, it was always anything but a dog, usually and elephant or whatever the zoo could offer up. Nice to see some fellow So.
Calers from the 70's here.

Some of my favorite memories from then and there, anybody remember Farrells Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor? I used to have my birthday parties there. What about Zodies dept. store? I always tell my son he is
fortunate not to have had to shopped for his clothing there. I remember mom putting a brand new dress in the wash from that store and she pulled it out in pieces!

Growing up in So. Cal back then was great with Disneyland, beaches and skiing all in a days driving.
And I remember all those Johnny Carson jokes about Cal.
He was a hoot - Houston kinda had one like him back in the day Art Grindle