Where to tour

I've been getting some requests to travel lately and I would like to know where to go first. Please participate in my poll, thanks.
I think you need to pick a city on a number of factors (not necessarily in order of importance):
  1. Cost of traveling
  2. Competition
  3. How well you might be known in the tour location
I picked Austin. I think the cost of going there would be minimal. The competition in other venues you listed is very high. Most of those cities are flush with providers. Austin has quite a few, also, but I don't think nearly the competition as the others you listed. I also think there is a greater chance that you might be known there. Men might have traveled from Austin to Dallas on business, and checked out the talent in Dallas. Or, there might be some Dallas fellows traveling to Austin that know about you, but don't have the time/money to see you in Dallas.

Just my .02. Travel safely.
Thanks CT2005. Could every one also suggest hotels please, thanks.
None of the above. Greenville Texas.
The hotels in Austin are probably too numerous to mention.

Most providers operate in the Arboretum area, IMHO. There are some Marriott and Hilton chain hotels in that area, but w/o knowing your tastes, it is hard to know.

The Arboretum also has a plethora of upscale shopping and restaurants. So, if someone wants a longer date, there is always that possibility.

Just don't go to Roundrock. They're death on the business.
I've created a "To-Do-List" for Austin. If you don't want to participate in the poll or comment on the thread, Please PM me or I won't know where to go and will not travel. Besides, there are lot's of fun fellas in DFW. Hot as it may be at the moment.
Downtown Austin is preferable since its centrally located. I like The Omni, The Driskill and the Stephen F. Austin, thats normally where I stay when I visit. The arboretum is very nice too, and I usually stay at the Four Seasons.
How about the Midwest? Somewhere around Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky?
Some providers that I know have done very well in Memphis, when traveling there.
I vote for the FL Panhandle
Some providers that I know have done very well in Memphis, when traveling there. Originally Posted by VelvetValentineco

btw, while there get some good eats too! was there last fall and enjoyed eating at Central BBQ and Gus' Fried Chicken! I also stayed at the Marriott Downtown by the Mississippi River, it was nice for Memphis.
Make a visit to Boston! Southwest now flies to Boston and the restaurants & hotels are awesome downtown. Pleeeeeease!
Make a visit to Boston! Southwest now flies to Boston and the restaurants & hotels are awesome downtown. Pleeeeeease! Originally Posted by Charlie Drake
My best friend will be running the Boston Marathon, and I'll be there.
Analisa; I would love to see you travel to Austin, as I am sure others would also.

The Arboretum area is fairly centrally located, easy access for both north and south gentlemen to get to; The Four Seasons; upscale, very nice; the Marriott Fairfield is also nice with easy access to Loop 1 and highway 183. Nice restaurants and shopping in the area; be sure and plan time to shop and dine at the Domain. Also a W Hotel, newly built, in the Domain shopping center.
according to the poll, looks like austin is the winner lol

pick a place in which you are getting a bigger response and willing to pre-book.