• R.M.
  • 09-27-2013, 02:04 PM

I'm getting certified next week

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/
  • LNK
  • 09-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Beautiful. The both of you.

Hope you never need it. Stay safe.
excellent choice. a S&W snub nose .357 conceal carry model. i have an older version of that same gun. one of my favorites. i call her Betsy .. her big brother i call Bubba.

Betsy ..

Bubba .. S&W .44 Mag Mountain Gun model (also known as Pack Gun)

Do your CCW test with an automatic unless you intend to always carry a revolver. If you test with an automatic you can carry either.
You do not get certified at a CC class. You are licensed by the State. Certification comes with some training, usually by military or law enforcement, and carries significant responsibility if ever you do use the weapon.
Picky Picky Picky
You attend classes with a certified instructor and shoot on a range with the gun of your choice. The smallest fire arm is a 32 cal. You are finger printed twice once for the local sheriff and once for the TSA/FBI. If you qualify with a revolver that is all you are allowed to carry. If you qualify with an automatic you can carry either. The forms are filled out in the class and sent to the state and then you wait and wait.

I'm getting certified next week

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/
Originally Posted by R.M.
Very Beautiful. Will you consider letting me use that for my avatar?
  • R.M.
  • 09-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes I would be very flattered.
New legislation passed in September, you may now qualify with either (auto/revolver) and carry either. Enjoy!

Do your CCW test with an automatic unless you intend to always carry a revolver. If you test with an automatic you can carry either. Originally Posted by tucson
That gun is a 38. Next time I'll bring the 357 as well
Megan - I'm still waiting for you to come to Houston...
Yes I would be very flattered. Originally Posted by R.M.
Thanks! It will happen tomorrow.
Thanks! It will happen tomorrow. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I love your signature quote!
Sweet but you should have gotten a sub compact semi auto