Tom Clancy passes..RIP

Just heard about that. GREAT writer. I loved his books
One of my favorite authors.
very sad news love his work.. RIP
  • Laz
  • 10-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Sad news. I liked his books.
With "Teeth of the Tiger" I had hopes that we were going to get to know Jack Ryan's kids. Clancy could write anything and it would be a good read. The modern RAH. America now has no writers.
RIP Tom Clancy.
  • Mokoa
  • 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM
The Hunt For Red October was the first Clancy book I read. I was hooked then and am still hooked now. Great story telling!
My favorite author...RIP Tom Clancy
I have several of his books. Great stories, great story teller. Sad to hear about his passing...
The first I read was patriot games. I haven't pick up any others but that never changed my thoughts of him being a great author. Shame to have lost him but he will certainly be remembered for years to come.
R.I.P.great author
Sad. First Vince Flynn and now Tom Clancy........
With "Teeth of the Tiger" I had hopes that we were going to get to know Jack Ryan's kids. Clancy could write anything and it would be a good read. The modern RAH. America now has no writers.
RIP Tom Clancy. Originally Posted by shooter1a
Agreed! No one has ever come up to the standard of Robert Anson Heilein! Fell in love with him many years ago.

The first I read was patriot games. I haven't pick up any others but that never changed my thoughts of him being a great author. Shame to have lost him but he will certainly be remembered for years to come. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
Actually got to meet him many moons ago while he was researching one of his novels. My (now ex) brother in law was stationed out of Newport News and we went for a ride on a nuclear attack sub.

Can't say more than that, but it was a hell of a 48 hours!