Did the GOP blink?

From Politico:

By JAKE SHERMAN and MANU RAJU | 10/9/13 7:02 PM EDT Updated: 10/9/13 8:02 PM EDT

A fight over Obamacare? That’s so last week.

With the government shutdown firmly in its second week, and the debt limit projected to be reached next Thursday, top House and Senate Republicans are publicly moving away from gutting the health care law — a practical move that could help resolve the stalemate and appear more reasonable in the eyes of frustrated voters.

In a private meeting among Senate Republicans, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) expressed openness to a plan by Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) that includes a repeal of Obamacare’s medical device tax but nothing else related to the health care law.

With polls showing their party is suffering the brunt of the blame for the shutdown, many top Republicans are quietly moving past the Obamacare debate. Many Senate Republicans’ demands do not include changes to Obamacare, but rather cuts to Medicare, Social Security and changes to the Tax Code. House Republicans are also considering a short-term debt hike, but no one expects that it will be accompanied by changes to Obamacare.

“I’d like to get rid of Obamacare, no question about that, but I think that effort has failed,” said Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), the veteran member of the Senate Finance Committee. “And we’re going to have to take it on in other ways.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said bluntly: “We took an unpopular law and chose a more unpopular tactic to deal with the law.”

“Why don’t we focus on entitlement reform, Tax Code reform, regarding the debt ceiling and continue to fight on Obamacare [separately], because there’s not a consensus there,” Graham said.

For the full story, click on the link: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...#ixzz2hH6G3qBL
Obamacare is so last week let's fuck the poor this week.
  • WTF
  • 10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
It was just a matter of time...
LOL...David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog 8h
I hope the Obamacare website gets fixed soon, so I can laugh at more idiots discovering they actually have to pay for it.
There's a fucking scholar...
I CANT WAIT TO WATCH TED CRUZ AND JOHN BONEHEAD GO DOWN IN FUCKING FLAMES.
AND THEY WILL GO DOWN IN THE MID TERMS
I CANT WAIT TO WATCH TED CRUZ AND JOHN BONEHEAD GO DOWN IN FUCKING FLAMES.
AND THEY WILL GO DOWN IN THE MID TERMS Originally Posted by skirtchaser79411
Hate to be the one who has to break this to you but Ted Cruz is not up for re-election until 2018. He won his Senate seat in 2012 with about 57% of the vote.
  • CJ7
  • 10-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Hate to be the one who has to break this to you but Ted Cruz is not up for re-election until 2018. He won his Senate seat in 2012 with about 57% of the vote. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53

Cruz will be an albatross for the Texas GOP in 2014. Might as well drive off a fiscal cliff.
  • CJ7
  • 10-09-2013, 11:27 PM
yup
The only constant is change. You blink, you miss it. You guys missed it. Seems that the blame for the shutdown is coming down on the democrats as well as the republicans. Guess the dems looked for a repeat of 1995. They lost the senate after the next election. The GOP has modified their demands from the get go but you missed it. It is the democrats who have stonewalled in full view of the public. Then they doubled down by closing parks, denying veterans their just due, poking his finger in people's faces and lying about what is going on. It is catching up. Even some of the democrats are starting to squawk.
Seems that the blame for the shutdown is coming down on the democrats as well as the republicans. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JD Idiot, why don't you click on the link and get back to us! OK?

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013...ry/?cmpid=hpts
Poor democrats, they will never have a clue.
Hate to be the one who has to break this to you but Ted Cruz is not up for re-election until 2018. He won his Senate seat in 2012 with about 57% of the vote. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53

OH I know, THANK YOU GOD. I voted for him and I stand behind him 100%. He is the first politician I've trusted since Reagan. Deal with it bitches. He will be an annoying thorn in your side until you realize he has support like no other in washington. Then he will be a sword in your side. ONE thing has gone right for the good guys. Ted Cruz.

PS. You asshats on the left actually have no clue. I mean I understand being uninformed or missing a story but you guys literally exist somewhere out in the twilight zone. I'm kind of jealous. If I could live there, and block out all truth and reality, I'd be so much happier. So in effect I'm a little jealous of your stupidity.

But since I do pay attention, I'd be mortified to be called a democrat. Well, I'd be mortified to be called a republician too. God they are some evil people. I used to think that democrats were evil and republicians were just trying to help the common man. NOPE. They are both slimy evil mutherfuckers that I want nothing to do with. Ever.
JD Idiot, why don't you click on the link and get back to us! OK?

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013...ry/?cmpid=hpts Originally Posted by bigtex
Flashbacking again, BT?

What is your man's "good job" rating today?

Another "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner is being printed up as we post.