No More IM (Yahoo Especially)?

I posted the message below on a different forum a few days ago; but, then, I realized there is very little traffic there. So, I'm posting it here again. So, Girls, I'm just wondering if any of you uses instant messaging anymore, especially Yahoo Chat.

Okay, one upon a time, I could contact providers via Yahoo IM; but, that seems out of vogue now. Although several providers seem to have Yahoo email accounts, when I try to add them to my Friends list, I only get "Pending" notices. I never get to make contact this way. It seem that not long ago, even though only about 1 out of 3 or 4 would actually reciprocate and include me in their Friends list, I was able to make some contact this way. Now, however, it seems many providers are not even looking this up. Does anyone know what gives? It seems a lot are using Twitter, now; but, that still isn't the same as IM.

Is there a new favored alternative for IM contacts?
The only person I've been able to get on Yahoo IM is a 'girl' who won't be allowed to leave her hotel in Kuala Lampur until she gets enough money wired to her by sympathetic strangers. I'm pretty sure she'll add you--want her address?
I remember back when Yahoo Chat had regional/city-based chat rooms and we had a pretty decent group of chatters in the KC area. It was pretty fun. Made a few contacts in those rooms. Hmmm, wonder what happened to some of those ladies...
The only person I've been able to get on Yahoo IM is a 'girl' who won't be allowed to leave her hotel in Kuala Lampur... Originally Posted by bartipero
And why do I wanna think that KCQuestor has not only been to that hotel in Kuala Lampur, but has also met the aforementioned young lady???
Actually, I am that young lady. Catfished, yo!
No, there are a couple of providers that use it. 1 I am always able to reach using IM vs voice mail (that is always full, on purpose).
I prefer skype
Actually, I am that young lady. Catfished, yo! Originally Posted by KCQuestor
I'm fine with using it for booking purposes but it would weird me out to add a contact of someone I don't know/haven't seen yet.