Glimpse of the upcoming Ozombie Barackolypse

Shelves in a Louisiana Wal-Mart after a glitch in the EBT system gives recipients unlimited money and then takes it back. "Now I don't have to worry about my rent and gas." Or healthcare. Or food. Thanks, Obama.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1484953

Packed shopping carts abandoned at Walmart stores in Springhill and Mansfield, La., after EBT glitch was corrected that had removed card balances.

Walmart shoppers cleared shelves and filled shopping carts to overflow after a software snafu removed spending limits from their EBT cards.

Police were called to help deluged clerks at stores in Springhill and Mansfield in northern Louisiana Saturday night.

RELATED: WAL-MART LAUNCHING SMARTPHONE TRADE-IN PROGRAM

There were no injuries or arrests after the feeding frenzy caused by a power outage during a routine maintenance test by Xerox of their government-funded debit cards.

Store managers called Walmart headquarters for guidance and were told to keep ringing up customers, KSLA-TV reported.

A customer’s cellphone video shows pandemonium in the aisles of two Walmart stores in Louisiana, where EBT cards temporarily failed to display credit limits.
KSLA 12

A customer’s cellphone video shows pandemonium in the aisles of two Walmart stores in Louisiana, where EBT cards temporarily failed to display credit limits.

RELATED: WALMART WORKER FIRED FOR ANTI-MUSLIM FACEBOOK POST

“We did make the decision to contine to accept EBT cards during the outage so that they could get food for their families,” said Walmart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling.

The stores recorded all transactions and managers were investigating how to proceed, she said.

RELATED: NEBRASKA MAN SUES WALMART OVER WIFE'S WRONGFUL DEATH FROM PLASTIC BAG

Customer cellphone videos showed empty shelves and long lines of abandoned carts bulging with food and grocery items.

Shelves in Louisiana Walmart stores were cleared out after computer glitch removed limits from EBT cards.
KSLA 12

Shelves in Louisiana Walmart stores were cleared out after computer glitch removed limits from EBT cards.

Electronic Benefits Transfer cards allows recipients of government food stamps to purchase items under a preset limit.

RELATED: WIS. WALMART WORKER SHOT CASHIER OVER ‘EASIER’ POSITION: PROSECUTORS

It’s not clear how long the computer glitch lasted. Once shoppers realized the problem had been resolved, they abandoned their carts and fled the stores.

One patron said the chaos was a normal reaction to the prospect of free food.

Stan Garcia, another shopper, said it was just plain theft. “That’s stealing,” he said. “That’s all I got to say about it.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2hnKHmisF

Stay loaded my friends...
So what are you saying? You're not going back to Walmart.