Why does the media keep trying to hide the fact that Obama is a Muslim?

Obama's Religion Still at Issue for Many Americans: A Fifth Say He's Muslim

Obama is a Muslim. In his own words, "I never emulate white men or brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own ghetto language. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, the peaceful Muslim faith that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubious, Mohammad and Mandela." (Dreams of My Father)

And, from Audacity of Hope, "I will stand with my Muslim brothers should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

The guy is a Muslim. So what's the big deal? Why is the media so intent on hiding Obama's self proclaimed religion?
Be careful!!! JB closed the last thread on religion.
OMG This is why I hate politics!!

Who gives a flying f*ck if the dude is Islamic or not, this is America, he is our President so suck it up and try harder to get your preferred candidate elected next campaign season.

It is really that simple.
Yea!! What Skylar said!
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM

The guy is a Muslim. So what's the big deal? Why is the media so intent on hiding Obama's self proclaimed religion? Originally Posted by ThrillBill88
And why does the Muslim dude keep saying he was born in Hawaii? Everyone knows he was born in Africa!

• Doove
  • 08-19-2010, 02:33 PM
And why does the Muslim dude keep saying he was born in Hawaii? Everyone knows he was born in Africa! Originally Posted by WTF
And he has a swastika tattooed on his ass. Come on Barack, show us your ass!!!!

Thought so!
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM
And he has a swastika tattooed on his ass. Come on Barack, show us your ass!!!!

Thought so! Originally Posted by Doove
Heard he has the entire Koran tattooed on his weiner except the last chapter. Had to put that on his balls.
Who gives a flying f*ck if the dude is Islamic or not Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
Word! I'm more concerned that he doesn't seem to have a clue how this economy works. I wouldn't care if he worshiped the devil if he was competent.
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2010, 03:12 PM
He worships $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just like the rest of us!
He worships $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just like the rest of us! Originally Posted by WTF
Yes but he is operating under the delusion that he can just command the economy to produce them. Regardless of how much he fucks around with the rules of the game.
Word! I'm more concerned that he doesn't seem to have a clue how this economy works. I wouldn't care if he worshiped the devil if he was competent. Originally Posted by pjorourke
obama reminds me of a guy who stumbles upon a beautiful, verdant, lush garden of flowers and fruit trees and every sort of abundance..he has no clue how it got there or what it might take to protect it..but he is determined to divide it up
Word! I'm more concerned that he doesn't seem to have a clue how this economy works. I wouldn't care if he worshiped the devil if he was competent. Originally Posted by pjorourke

And you're the competent one???? Then why aren't you on the PCOEA?
Yep, I don't care
if he worships sea shells...I just wish he'd govern effectively
  • Doove
  • 08-19-2010, 04:15 PM
And you're the competent one???? Then why aren't you on the PCOEA? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I'm guessing PJ thinks his taxes should be cut. So that makes him the competent one.
Being Muslim isn't the "in" thing to be right now... it unfortunately seems to be too often freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
I don't see what his religion or lack of it has to do with his ability to do his job. Sort of like hiring a person in a wheelchair for a desk job- the wheelchair or lack of one totally doesn't matter (people just use the wheelchair as a reason for a distraction).

Obama's Religion Still at Issue for Many Americans: A Fifth Say He's Muslim

Obama is a Muslim. In his own words, "I never emulate white men or brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own ghetto language. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, the peaceful Muslim faith that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubious, Mohammad and Mandela." (Dreams of My Father)

And, from Audacity of Hope, "I will stand with my Muslim brothers should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

The guy is a Muslim. So what's the big deal? Why is the media so intent on hiding Obama's self proclaimed religion? Originally Posted by ThrillBill88