The Expendables

Anyone else go see this movie?
I really liked it, but of course it is generally a guy flick, killing, and such. Lots of action...
Took the SO there late last night, she even liked it.
I hope the sequel is as good
Later everyone
  • Mokoa
  • 08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I saw that movie with some company. We both enjoyed it a lot.
Typical action flick with the action greats in it but I was just a tad bit disappointed because of certain stars being absent from this. Its a bummer Jean Claude Van-Damme was not in it and after hearing Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal didnt join in the fun sucks too...well ok I could do without Mr Seagal and trade him for Jackie Chan instead lol. Overall though it was a pretty damn cool movie, well for guys that is, Im sure most ladies wont dig it.

Did anyone else have any expectations or thoughts that the above actors should have been in the movie too?
Jean Claude......the guy sucks! Not even a real martial artist.....he was a dancer to begin with.
Jean Claude......the guy sucks! Not even a real martial artist.....he was a dancer to begin with. Originally Posted by MARTIAL ARTIST
Stallone's not a real boxer and Mickey Rourke isnt a real wrestler! Its not about what fighting styles these dudes hail from but about action movie actors all mixed in this over the top testosterone saturated show. The reason Id liked to have JCVD in the movie besides the fact he made a bunch of cheesy action flicks is the that he and Dolph Lungren were enemies in Universal Soldier and also Dolph was Stallones enemy in Rocky series, kind of a weird tie in thing goin on. And while Im at it, I cringe at the thought but IMHO Wesley Snipes* non tax paying ass should have been a candidate for the movie too...and he is a real martial artist.
*Stallones enemy in Demolition Man, yay!
Point taken! JCVD turned it down....I guess he's just too busy making block buster movies right now. ( SARCASM )
Point taken! JCVD turned it down... Originally Posted by MARTIAL ARTIST
Yeah he did, he passed up a great opportunity to be part of something spectacular. I wonder if he's flexible enough to be kicking himself in the ass right now!
Point taken! JCVD turned it down....I guess he's just too busy making block buster movies right now. ( SARCASM ) Originally Posted by MARTIAL ARTIST
I read that one of the reasons he turned it down was that he was going to have a fight scene and lose to Jet Li. If true, how funny. JCVD acting like its 1990 not 2010... lol

I bet if there were to be a part 2, he would do it......

sixx
I am sure JCVD is sorry he did not participate, but now, I hope they don't let him in the sequel...

I read that one of the reasons he turned it down was that he was going to have a fight scene and lose to Jet Li. If true, how funny. JCVD acting like its 1990 not 2010... lol

I bet if there were to be a part 2, he would do it......

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Shit, I hope I look half as good at that age as Stallone.
Thanks guys...was wondering if this movie was worth seeing!
I wish the same
The guy has always been very well built..
I guess if I was making millions and nothing else to do except work out / exercise I would be as good if not better. Got to love it when he flexes his muscles, veins are just about popping thru the skin. I sort of like that..
but not in sexual kind of way.
But yes, at 60+ he has it going on..

Shit, I hope I look half as good at that age as Stallone. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
Its a good movie... I couldn't wait for it to come out. But, for old time sakes I would add Carl Weathers to the list of ..... for part 2. Remember im from Rocky I, II, III, IV and Predator and some "B" action movies
Saw Carl on an episode of Psych this week. Was with William Devane.
Didn't recognize him at first without any hair.
I heard Stallone in an interview with Howard Stern and he said that JCVD did not accept the role in this movie because he is doing (or trying to get roles in) romance flicks, drama, etc, no more action, at least for now. At some point Stallone did mention that JCVD or someone close to him told Stallone that JCVD regretted not taking part in the movie, if he is offered a role, my guess he would be in the sequel.