BCS?

I'm not from Texas, but I do find myself there ever so often. Just curious from the locals, what does BCS stand for?
It is call Bryan & College Station. Twin city.
Hey great, thanks.....
Our forum is different from a lot of others. Texas is split into MSAs (Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and regions, North Texas, South Texas, East Texas and West Texas. Then you have central texas. We define that as Killeen, Waco and BCS

From a previous posting:

The Killeen, Waco, and Bryan/College Station forum....

These three metropolitan areas each have between 200,000 and 250,000 people and are located one to two hours from one another.

Realizing that we have combined three large, yet very distant areas, it will be very helpful to include WHICH AREA in which you have an interest.

For example, a coed post that says "I am thinking of coming to your area, what do you think?" will not get you as much of a response as "KILLEEN, I am travelling through your area next week and what do you think?"

I have included some general info on the areas below.

The Killeen area consists of Killeen, Fort Hood, Copperas Cove, Belton and Temple cities have a combined population of about 250,000, with Killeen being the largest city.

Killeen is home to Fort Hood, and, depending on the day, up to 45,000 horny soldiers...LOL. It is located on US Highway 190, approx 15 miles West of I-35 exit 293. It is halfway between Austin and Waco and halfway between San Antonio and Dallas/Ft Worth. Killeen is one hour from Waco, one hour from North Austin, and two hours from Bryan/College Station.

The Waco city population is at 120,000 but the MSA population is 224,000. Home of Baylor University, Waco is located on 1-35 centered around exit 334. It is 100 miles from D/FW, 100 miles from Austin,100 miles from Bryan/College Station and 60 miles from Killeen.

Bryan/College Station has an MSA population of 207,000 people. Home of Texas A&M University. It is located on Hiway 6 and is 100 miles from Austin, 100 miles from Killeen, 100 miles from Waco and 100 miles from Houston.

B/CS is EXTREMELY SHORT ON HOTELS during FOOTBALL and special weekends in B/CS. Please take this into consideration when travelling to that area.

Respectfully submitted,

OldSarge