Any Useful Information For Newbies?

Hello everyone I am a New Provider I came into this business thinking I had everything figured out .I was totally wrong it's a lot of stuff I don't know about this business if anyone have any advice or Tips you would like to share please Comment Below or Pm me . Thanks in Advance Kia
Attached Images File Type: jpg image.jpg (132.4 KB, 297 views)
Hello everyone I am a New Provider I came into this business thinking I had everything figured out .I was totally wrong it's a lot of stuff I don't know about this business if anyone have any advice or Tips you would like to share please Comment Below or Pm me . Thanks in Advance Kia Originally Posted by KiaKiss
One thing I can suggest is that you read all the good posts in the legal forum. ShysterJon is a wealth of great info. He's in Texas, but the large majority of his comments related to criminal law will be applicable to you in Louisiana.

Read all you can in your local COED discussion area. Once you identify a few people you think you see eye to eye with, contact them via PM and ask for advice/help. Most people here are very open to helping if asked

Don't get sucked into drama on the board (I've already seen you are not prone to this ;-)
Wow this is something very cool. I like it.
One thing I can suggest is that you read all the good posts in the legal forum. ShysterJon is a wealth of great info. He's in Texas, but the large majority of his comments related to criminal law will be applicable to you in Louisiana.

Read all you can in your local COED discussion area. Once you identify a few people you think you see eye to eye with, contact them via PM and ask for advice/help. Most people here are very open to helping if asked

Don't get sucked into drama on the board (I've already seen you are not prone to this ;-) Originally Posted by LilMynx69
I will take your advice and look for the legal thread Thank You.
What LilMynx said, plus your safety and personal security come first.

Don't get sucked into drama on the board (I've already seen you are not prone to this ;-) Originally Posted by LilMynx69

I enjoy ShysterJon's posts also, funniest Lawyer type posts I have seen, but a ton of good information he puts out there for all of us!

The more that I learn the more confused I become.
Kia, this post is full of lots of good advice. A friend of mine wrote it and I reposted it the other day.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...64&postcount=1
What LilMynx said, plus your safety and personal security come first. Originally Posted by Marshpirate
Yes you're right my safety and personal security does come first I am learning new methods of how to say safe.
Kia, this post is full of lots of good advice. A friend of mine wrote it and I reposted it the other day.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...64&postcount=1 Originally Posted by Ansley
I really enjoyed her post very helpful Thank you
Hello everyone I am a New Provider I came into this business thinking I had everything figured out .I was totally wrong it's a lot of stuff I don't know about this business if anyone have any advice or Tips you would like to share please Comment Below or Pm me . Thanks in Advance Kia Originally Posted by KiaKiss
I think asking for assistance is a great first start! Like others have said, don a teflon negligee when needed (with drama or perceived personal attacks) stay safe and have fun.
Get thick skin FAST if no one has mentioned it.
I think asking for assistance is a great first start! Like others have said, don a teflon negligee when needed (with drama or perceived personal attacks) stay safe and have fun. Originally Posted by BigBaldBlk
Thanks
Get thick skin FAST if no one has mentioned it. Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA
Yes I know that's important.
Be good at what you do, and don't slack off. Be genuine and real to your clients.
Ok, so I'll be candid here about things I wish people had told me years ago when I first started; even if they seem like common sense.

1) Smile. All the time. This is the #1 rule at most customer service jobs. Apply it here as well.
2) Proofread everything and try to use correct grammar and punctuation. English isn't my first language, but most people don't know it. If I can do it, anyone can.
3) Lilmynx said it first, but I will reiterate it, so you understand how truly important it is: Do NOT get caught up in board drama. Don't argue. Don't post about anyone, even if you feel you've been wronged. The truth will eventually come out.
4) No matter how much screening you've done, if you don't feel right about it, don't meet a client. Always trust your gut.
5) Apologize; even if it wasn't your fault. Again, a customer service requirement.
6) I always ask, "how is your day/week/weekend going?" It shows you care (part of the GFE experience) and if it's a new client, is a good ice breaker to deter awkward silence. I also try to always say "have a good day!", as they leave. If it's cold, tell them something like "stay warm!" Raining/bad weather? "Be safe/careful". All things that separate a GFE from a PSE.
7) Remember to say 'thank you' where appropriate.
8) Don't obsessively clock-watch. Be discrete about it.
9) Never talk badly about another provider to a client (even if they start it). She will hear about it.
10) When talking about other experiences to another client *never* user names/handles.
11) When in doubt, the golden rule: Treat others as you would like to he treated. A man is spending his hard-earned money on you. Make sure you earned it. It's only fair.

Stay honest (but not blunt), classy (but friendly) and you will do well for yourself. =^_^=

I hope that I haven't over-stepped my bounds and this has helped. Feel free to PM me for more advice. I didn't want this post to be *too* long. Lol!