Weird request - red filter for GoPro Hero3

I'm not sure if this is where this goes, move it if necessary, but I figured this would reach the biggest audience.

I'm heading out for vacation on Monday and I don't have time to order a red filter for the silver GoPro Hero3. Does anyone have one I could borrow or buy? I'd really like to have one as I'm planning on doing some diving while I'm gone. I'd have to get it from you tomorrow, as I have a very busy day today, but I'd appreciate the assist. Please email me if you can help.
Thanks for the link. They don't have any in stock.
  • pyro
  • 01-25-2014, 09:20 AM
Try any photography store like HCE or Wolfe and buy sheet filter material and cut it down to size. Put it in front of the lens and close the case to hold in place. You will have it in it's waterproof case but if you lose it, cut out another one. They may even have gopro accessories as well. There will be no shortage of salesman trying to help you. I imagine the second you walk in it will be so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Ask what other filters/effects they have as well. Have a great trip and kind regards,

py
That's a good idea. I'll have to find one that is open tomorrow.
MicroSearch has it all! 11500 Sam Houston Parkway West.
713-988-2818.

They are the BEST!
Awesome, thanks. Looks like they are closed on weekends, but maybe I could stop in Monday morning if it comes to it.
Call some dive shops and Maybe sun and ski....they have a big gopro kiosk
if you find one let me know. i was diving in florida a few months back and the video came out good but the color was off. i have been looking for a place around houston that has the lenses ever since.
I gotta GoPro a session sometime. Would be great POV.