Blood Type

I'm O positive too, got covid back in feb 2020, before it went mainstream and after family returned from NYC, lasted 4 days, got the pfizer vaccine may 2021, got the variant in july of this year, lasted 3 days, not on any meds, work everyday outdoors, don't smoke or drink.
I've read where people with O type blood are less likely to get Covid that A or B type bloods.

Me...I'm AB+. Got Covid on December 6th, fever lasted until December 23rd.

Got my first Pfizer shot on my 70th birthday in February and 2nd shot 2 weeks later.

9 months later and 3 hospitalizations later, I am still long hauling the Covid aftermath. Luckily I havn't had to be intubated, but other side effects from Covid sucked. My lungs are still not the same as they were before I got Covid. Saw my doctor yesterday. Don't know if they will ever be the same.

But I'm still alive and kicking.
I've read where people with O type blood are less likely to get Covid that A or B type bloods.

Me...I'm AB+. Got Covid on December 6th, fever lasted until December 23rd.

Got my first Pfizer shot on my 70th birthday in February and 2nd shot 2 weeks later.

9 months later and 3 hospitalizations later, I am still long hauling the Covid aftermath. Luckily I havn't had to be intubated, but other side effects from Covid sucked. My lungs are still not the same as they were before I got Covid. Saw my doctor yesterday. Don't know if they will ever be the same.

But I'm still alive and kicking. Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat
Don’t give up hope. I’ve had a few respiratory infections in recent years that had “long haul” effects lasting many months. The last one took almost a year before I felt “normal”. I think folks feel like it’s unique to COVID when it may not be.
There is enough data now that alot of Dr's believe O type blood is less likely to contract and have serious complications than other blood types. Especially O-.
Facts, evidence, and source to support your comment?

There is enough data now that alot of Dr's believe O type blood is less likely to contract and have serious complications than other blood types. Especially O-. Originally Posted by Jaberwabee
We don't believe anyone has any data to support the idea that blood type has anything to do with covid.

I can remember the 1950s when a lot of hair brain people were sayin that they didn't want to receive blood transfusions because there might be a chance of receiving blood from a person belonging to a different race: race has no connection with blood type.

So Mr. Jaber, until you can submit some data that actually links blood type with certain diseases, you should not embarrass yourself with the nonsense comments. I know you think it is cute to comment with disconcert for the truth. But is a shame that you are really humiliating yourself by your inability to say you don't know.
There are several studies on this, published from the beginning, that seem to still hold.

https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...e-and-covid-19
There are several studies on this, published from the beginning, that seem to still hold.

https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...e-and-covid-19 Originally Posted by FireKitten
To the point that was previously made.

They observed that individuals with Type A blood appeared to be at significantly higher risk of contracting the virus — constituting nearly 38 percent of the ill patients, compared with the 31 percent of healthy individuals with this blood type. The risk for individuals for Type O blood appeared to be significantly lower, just 26 percent of the cases versus 34 percent of the healthy control group. Individuals with Type A blood type also represented a higher percentage of patients who succumbed to the illness — 41 percent versus 25 percent for Type O.

Now then let us rewrite this.

Type A blood ---- 38 percent of the ill patients,
Type O blood --- 26 percent of the cases
Type A blood --- --41 percent versus

I am not going to take the time to look this up because I already know that Type O blood is present in fewer people.
Aside note-
for example: 1)there is more crime in the inner city
Expected: 2) more arrests needed in the inner city
Needs: 3) more police needed in the inner city
Results: 4) Defund police due to arrests in the inner city

Too often, Statistics are used for propaganda and self interests.
Back to the virus:

Throwing our percentage figures without correlation of how percentage in the general population times a correction factor or the expected result is an error.

If you read the study you will find that no conclusion is made. A hypothesis has not even been formed.

But, they are looking and now know some things that they did not know. Not even knowing what you do not know is called ignorance.

It is a start: it is not a conclusion. There is nothing wrong with looking at this, but it is not yet a full research study. It is a gathering of information about what has been observed, great. But, we have no conclusions - yet.

Research methods must adhere to some very strong controls that are full of statistical cross controls. Those controls don't make for a news story. News people want some answers they can publish now. Sorry, that is not the way science is suppose to be presented.

So you have a news story, where an idiot gets to talk about something he knows nothing about. Nice news, I wish we knew more; it is a good start.

I always thought type O was the most common blood type. Just checked to make sure, and the Red Cross says the same.
I always thought type O was the most common blood type. Just checked to make sure, and the Red Cross says the same. Originally Posted by TinMan
You are right! Sorry for not looking it up. That is from a guy who has given a lot of blood to the Red Cross.

It says:
38% of the people have O positive blood, and
7% of the people have O negative positive blood.
45% total of the population has a type O blood type.

It will be interesting if a correlation with the virus is confirmed by future studies.

I still hold that we can not trust the regular news to make any conclusions today. What future research may find after peer review.
"Peer review is the evaluation of work by one or more people with similar competencies as the producers of the work (peers). It functions as a form of self-regulation by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field."
O positive as well, been around several that have had it, never got it. Have tested several times when left country and to get back in. Originally Posted by scottprestons
Most of the covid is in the United States so why in the heck do people need to be tested to get back in you're the most likely to be negative if we get out of this hellhole.
I'm 0+
RSV is running rampant right now. Might want to get checked for that.