Being Plain / Vanilla in sexual preferences...... Where does Vanilla end and Kink begin and what's in between or after?

A picture Tammie posted of her Toy collection had me thinking about my personal collection and evolution over the last few years.....

For 53 years I was rather plain / vanilla in my sexual adventures.... Outside of variety and volume I felt I was a rather ordinary kind of guy.... multiple positions, DATY receiving BBBJs... able to repeat as well as last more than I've heard others did..... women came first

I was hanging out a lot with a gal I knew from here back then and she had let me know I was rather "vanilla" at that time.... She was into a variety of things I had never tried.....

Then I started to explore.....

Today I own an assortment of toys in a qty much like Tammie displayed. I recently had a conversation with the lovely young lady I was seeing about 6 years ago and was quite proud of my collection that includes....

- The newest Doxy Die Cast Wand with an assortment of attachments.
- An Assortment of neck, wrist, thigh and ankle cuffs
- An assortment of different color soft silk ropes of varying lengths
- An older style wrought iron Full Size Futon Sofa Bed Frame excellent for use with the ropes and great leverage points.
- Some experience in the use of the ropes and cuffs as well as in combination with toys.
- A couple of paddles, an assortment of top name vibrators , a couple of eggs and a couple of wartenburg wheels
- A few pieces of Liberator furniture....Wedges, cushions and lifts
- A Swing and Portable Stand
- A Sybian with a variety of attachments.

I could basically turn a large room in the house into a Play Room......

So... Recently I am talking with this young lady I've remained friends with as I know she has always had a wild side and I guess I was seeking a little approval for the growth I've accomplished....

She wasn't remotely impressed....

Seems I am still rather Vanilla in comparison to her and some of her friends....

So.......

What the fuck else do I need to look into in order to not be such a "Vanilla" kind of guy? No LM... I'm not going to let one of them piss on me...
I'm pretty plain as of now and not really into any toys. I don't mind role playing, but thats about the extent of my kinkiness. I'm sure I will also evolve as I get older to keep things fun.
You need to get shit and pissed off in RL, not just the on the board
You need to get shit and pissed off in RL, not just the on the board Originally Posted by Skip_8
LOL..... That was a behavior in my younger years but it never made it to the bedroom.... Well... Maybe Angry Sex with one of my ex-wives is the closest it came to that,,,
Just pay them and I'm confident they will assure you that you are not vanilla. They will tell you anything you want to hear.
It ends once you start hobbying, kink starts once you start hobbying, in between is everything under the stars.

IB
It ends once you start hobbying, kink starts once you start hobbying, in between is everything under the stars.

IB Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly
It didn't for me... i wrote a few hundred reviews exploring doubles a few times without ever leaving the vanilla.....
Who says vanilla is a bad thing? Anything extra is just that, extra.
https://m.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2025407

Post number 8 has some kind ideas... Not sure if they fall in the between or after category 😆
Once you had sex upside down ...

...well in your case I'd suggest zero gravity
the crane would draw too much attention...

On the other hand it would add some kink.
I love upside down sex!!! Trust me ladies that having your pussy licked while upside is something that should be on your bucket list. It also takes deepthroating to whole other level. Now levitating sex...that shit is really hard to do. Anyways, carry on
I love upside down sex!!! Trust me ladies that having your pussy licked while upside is something that should be on your bucket list. It also takes deepthroating to whole other level. Now levitating sex...that shit is really hard to do. Anyways, carry on Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
You got that right:

^^^^^^^^^
THX for making me find my 2nd brain cell that way

Still looking for that though ...
There is really no clear line for what is vanilla and what is not. To one person getting Kinky is having sex somewhere other than the bedroom. To another getting Kinky is having nails hammered through their tits. (Yes this shit exists) I was part of the fetish community for a few years. Fetlife is a great site for those learning kink and figuring out what they want and are into. In the years I have been in and around the BDSM community I have found everyones definition of kink and erotic are different. Whats right for you may not be right for another. If you are proud of the progress you've made then don't let anyone ruin that for you. From the items you listed I think you have a nice collection going and I would not call you vanilla. However thats just my opinion. Now I just wonder if you are Dom, Sub, or Switch........
Fun2cum my way of doing upside down sex is a lot more relaxing than either one of those postions you posted . It makes me want to put meme's on the pics saying "WRONG"! Ah well, to each their own.
There is nothing wrong with being either vanilla or kinky.
I'll admit that even though I've got lots of toys, they don't always get used. I've got some that aren't even pictured.
I'm not really into BDSM, although I have found out that I like tying a guy down and teasing them at times. Having a guy tied down and at my mercy is fun. Especially with BnG or cockworship type sessions.