REP. MICHELLE BACHMANN WAS RIGHT.......

Yeah, al Queda really won that one dumbass. Originally Posted by austxjr
I'm taking your comment as sarcasm ...

... when I say you ought not judge them by our standards.

To them all who died were warriors, and the hostages were garbage.

Where was their "ransom" and financial gain from 911 ... ?

"...they got no ransom to further finance their operations and their leader is now the world's most wanted terrorist!" ...

Sound like the aftermath of 911?
My bad ... I thought I was reading Comedy Central when I saw "Michelle Bachman was Right . . . "

It did make me laugh -- Thanks!
If you think that Obama's policy's got the US to this point then what about Bush.

June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.

February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Truck bomb kills 17.

February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomat directly targeted by the assailants.

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

So did those attacks (and the 9/11 ones, for that matter) happen because of "perceived American weakness"? Was our country's diplomatic missions targeted because George Bush's America was perceived as weak?
As for Obama, the attacks in Cairo and Benghazi are the first two attacks on a U.S. diplomatic mission in an ostensibly peaceful country during his entire presidency—and they were sparked by that idiot wingnut Islamophobe Terri Jones. The embassy in Afghanistan was targeted by the Taliban last Sept. 13, but that's a country at war.

If you buy Bachmann's nonsense, you can tally the numbers to determine which administration was "perceived weaker."
And Bush declared war on radical Islam; Obama remains silent.

Obama won't refuses to call the FT. Hood massacre an act of Islamic terror; 14 Americans died as a jihadi Nissan shouted "Allahu AkBar."
  • TPJR
  • 01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
If supporting the overthrow of Gaddafi is to blame for the terrorist attacks in Algeria and Benghazi, then shouldn't all of Congress, including the Republicans, get the blame? Congress could have simply voted to not fund our military engagement in the region, forcing Obama to pull our resources, but they didn't.
  • WTF
  • 01-21-2013, 08:36 PM
If Bachmann is yalls hero you are slipping down the ladder faster than the rest of the R wingers. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

Maybe they can nominate her in 2016!
And Bush declared war on radical Islam; Originally Posted by Whirlaway
And the result was 11 bombings and attacks on US embassys a couple of costly unfunded wars. You know the usual results of declaring war.
And Bush declared war on radical Islam; Obama remains silent.

Obama won't refuses to call the FT. Hood massacre an act of Islamic terror; 14 Americans died as a jihadi Nissan shouted "Allahu AkBar." Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Bush was alMost as big an idiot as you. He "declared war" on something he was not empowered to do. something that flew in the face of YOUR precious Constitution (mine too).

That might be the single moment when America lost its collective mind. M
Bush was alMost as big an idiot as you. He "declared war" on something he was not empowered to do. something that flew in the face of YOUR precious Constitution (mine too).

That might be the single moment when America lost its collective mind. M Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Except for calling Whirly an idiot, this is the closest to the truth Assup has ever gotten. Why he supports Obama in continuing the Bush doctrine is ridiculous, but then again, he is our . . .

DIPSHIT OF THE YEAR 2013

ASSUP!!!

Except for calling Whirly an idiot, this is the closest to the truth Assup has ever gotten. Why he supports Obama in continuing the Bush doctrine is ridiculous, but then again, he is our . . .

DIPSHIT OF THE YEAR 2013

ASSUP!!!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Speaking of unconstitutional wars. The first time we ever used American military on foreign soil was an undeclared war. Jefferson sent six frigates to bomb the coast of northern Africa to deal with the Barbary Pirates in 1801 without getting Congressional approval. He sort of got the ball rolling early on the executive branch's abuse of power. We've been dealing with Muslim lunatics for a long time.
Prove anything, tea ballers. You don't because you can't.

I'm simply casting pearls before swine .? And we know who the swine are!

That might be the single moment when America lost its collective mind. M Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Not empowered?

Prove anything, tea ballers. You don't because you can't.

I'm simply casting pearls before swine .? And we know who the swine are! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Prove anything? Because we can't?
Well OK, since you asked; Both houses of congress approved the declaration of military force on 9/14/01, three days after the al-Qaeda attacks in New York and Washington DC on 9/11. GW Bush signed it 9/18/01.

9/14/2001. Authorizes the President to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations, or persons.
States that this Act is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of the War Powers Resolution.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/107/sjres23/text
S.J.Res. 23 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force

STATUS
This resolution was enacted after being signed by the President on September 18, 2001.

PROGRESS
Introduced Sep 14, 2001
Passed Senate Sep 14, 2001
Passed House Sep 14, 2001

Signed by the President Sep 18, 2001
VOTES
Senate Vote on Passage
Sep 14, 2001 10:44 a.m.
Joint Resolution Passed 98/0

COSPONSORS
1 cosponsors (1R) (show)
Here, specifically is the vote in the Senate 98-2 (and the 2 did not vote, Sen. Larry Craig- ID and Sen. Jesse Helms - NC)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2001/s281
That is every single sitting senator, Repub/Dem/Indep at the time, voted YES.
Interesting names on that list, in light of current events.
Obama's "whack a mole" policy isn't working; Al Qaeda is more powerful now than before, embolden in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia....................

Obama's foreign policy has failed. Islamic extremism is on the rise, not waning. Soon, the fundamentalists will have nukes. And it will happen under Obama's watch and with his permission.

Once Iran gets nukes, their terror proxies will be empowered as well. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The inauguration got your panties all wadded up today pinhead? Using Bachmann as your source and inspiration tells me all I need to know about you and yet another absurd thread. I'm sure if it was up to you, that dimwitted bitch would be getting sworn in today.....thank god that's not the case.
Here, specifically is the vote in the Senate 98-2 (and the 2 did not vote, Sen. Larry Craig- ID and Sen. Jesse Helms - NC)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2001/s281
That is every single sitting senator, Repub/Dem/Indep at the time, voted YES.
Interesting names on that list, in light of current events. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Now, now, CC. Please remember that the "idiot" Bush and his "idiot" VP, Cheney ...

.. tricked all of them into voting "Yes" ......

the two "dumbest" guys on Earth ..
..... "deceived" all those geniuses into voting "Yes"!

Hey, did all you Obaminable faithful know he was "quietly" re-inserting "boots" back into Iraq????? I "presume" ... he has been "empowered" to do so! Or does he have the annointed "authority" of the CIC?
If you think that Bush's policy's got the US to this point then what about Clinton. Originally Posted by BigLouie
There, BL, I fixed it for you ... from the World Trade Center to the U.S.S. Cole.... not to mention the planning of the 2nd attack on the World Trade Center.

Here's "your man"!
White House Commission on

Aviation Safety and Security

FINAL REPORT TO PRESIDENT CLINTON
VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE, CHAIRMAN

FEBRUARY 12, 1997

And here is YOUR other one: John Kerry .... http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0109/11/lkl.00.html

September 11, 2001: Larry King, CNN:

"KING: Senator Kerry did your -- did you committee on international opertions and terrorism ever actually fear something like this?

SEN. JOHN KERRY (R), MASSACHUSETTS: Absolutely. Absolutely.

We have always known this could happen. We've warned about it. We've talked about it. I regret to say, as -- I served on the Intelligence Committee up until last year. I can remember after the bombings of the embassies, after TWA 800, we went through this flurry of activity, talking about it, but not really doing hard work of responding."

"the bombings of the embassies"....

" talking about it, but not really doing hard work of responding."

"last year" would be 2000!!!!

Makes me wonder why the greatest Secretary of State who ever served didn't walk over to the Ovulating Office and tell her husband to zip up his britches and do something about this brewing storm that the "intelligence" committee knew was in the works ... for sometime in the future and for which the Scientific Genius VP had headed a committee for AIRLINE SAFETY!!!!