D&T

Agreed, only a change in revenue would concern the ownership of this board. Mods that go off half-cocked never know when they might be messing with a potential large advertiser on the board. Nothing worse than a volunteer costing you money. Originally Posted by phatdaty
Originally Posted by Marshall

For those of us that don't write with Crayons, could you translate?
Picture for instance if that moderator, having a bad day, stepped on the wrong toes. What if that new member they alienated was actually also a prospective advertiser? What if that member had been merely test driving the site to decide if he or she, or them were going to spend a few hundred dollars a month on this site for various advertising for their SP related business? One wrong impression by a volunteer staff member could cost the board owner a pretty penny, and even sadder, they might not even learn of this, because if this moderator, having a bad day upset the member enough, they might just fade into lurking on the board and never spend a dime, or explain why they decided not to spend a dime. Originally Posted by phatdaty
Suppose a tree falls in the forest...
And another hypothetical...

Picture if you will...a relatively new poster...who has only been around a couple of months...continutally tweeking the nose of moderation and leadership...even though a dunce could figure out that such moderation and leadership can and does read this stuff all the time and has apparently not seen the need to take corrective action...and such poster just won't let it go. Would such a scenario also hurt the administrations goals of revenue enhancement?

Just another "hypothetical" to ponder...since this is a pondersome board.
Suppose a tree falls in the forest... Originally Posted by pjorourke
And another hypothetical...

Picture if you will...a relatively new poster...who has only been around a couple of months...continutally tweeking the nose of moderation and leadership...even though a dunce could figure out that such moderation and leadership can and does read this stuff all the time and has apparently not seen the need to take corrective action...and such poster just won't let it go. Would such a scenario also hurt the administrations goals of revenue enhancement?

Just another "hypothetical" to ponder...since this is a pondersome board. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
::PUFF::

Gnadfly, if you have something to say it, why not just say it?
Gnadfly, if you have something to say it, why not just say it? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Allrighty, ATL...I'll admit...I'm stumped. Does he even have a post in this thread?
Allrighty, ATL...I'll admit...I'm stumped. Does he even have a post in this thread? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
+1
I was wondering the same thing.
I meant phatdaty...all these clever avatars confuse me...

but I'll reiterate the statement, "phatdaty, if you have something to say just say it..."
  • WTF
  • 04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Allrighty, ATL...I'll admit...I'm stumped. ? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
We were all tree's and now we're all stumps, thanks to atlcomedy.

• Doove
  • 04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
One wrong impression by a volunteer staff member could cost the board owner a pretty penny, and even sadder, they might not even learn of this, because if this moderator, having a bad day upset the member enough, they might just fade into lurking on the board and never spend a dime, or explain why they decided not to spend a dime. Originally Posted by phatdaty
I guess they would just need to weigh the possibility of losing revenue due to the actions of a volunteer staff member (pretty minimal, if you ask me) against the fact that the volunteer staff member is, in fact, free, now, wouldn't they?
  • Doove
  • 04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Gnadfly, if you have something to say it, why not just say it? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Allrighty, ATL...I'll admit...I'm stumped. Does he even have a post in this thread? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
+1
I was wondering the same thing. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I meant phatdaty... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I'm not sure who should be more insulted, phatdaty of gnadfly?
I guess they would just need to weigh the possibility of losing revenue due to the actions of a volunteer staff member (pretty minimal, if you ask me) against the fact that the volunteer staff member is, in fact, free, now, wouldn't they? Originally Posted by Doove
I won't critique the performance of certain mods here because I'd prefer to avoid more points...that said...you nailed it...

They are free (and that, in the eyes of ownership makes up for a heck of a lot of mis-steps...)

I've used the analogy before, but mods, here or on any message board, are like little league coaches...everyone has a beef with them...the pay sucks...and if you ask the other parents (who are complaining) if they want the job you get a million excuses but no one wants to step up.
I won't critique the performance of certain mods here because I'd prefer to avoid more points...that said...you nailed it...

They are free (and that, in the eyes of ownership makes up for a heck of a lot of mis-steps...)

I've used the analogy before, but mods, here or on any message board, are like little league coaches...everyone has a beef with them...the pay sucks...and if you ask the other parents (who are complaining) if they want the job you get a million excuses but no one wants to step up. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
True, but how do you know I wasn't about to spend a couple hundred dollars per month in banner ads for my latest business venture?

Phat's Recycled Condoms

PS: As to your other question, I too learned about the joy of points in this thread, TWICE. BTW, Whoever that was that said they taste best with salsa, was lying. No matter how you dress them up, they leave a pretty bad taste in the mouth.

True, but how do you know I wasn't about to spend a couple hundred dollars per month in banner ads for my latest business venture?

Phat's Recycled Condoms

PS: As to your other question, I too learned about the joy of points in this thread, TWICE. BTW, Whoever that was that said they taste best with salsa, was lying. No matter how you dress them up, they leave a pretty bad taste in the mouth.
Originally Posted by phatdaty

So, is it the points that taste bad or the recycled condoms?