So what literary character would you like to swive?

Jill Boardman from Stranger in a Strange Land.
Rahab
Salome
Any virgin sacrificed by the Aztecs
Others, but I have to revisit this thread.

And not necessarily in that order. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
So you like your literary swives to be either Biblical or in some way religiously based? You know, I have this somewhat unnatural attraction for guys who remind me of Friar Tuck. I'm somewhat serious!

Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Not necessarily. All those I thought of were based on real characters. And some that weren't were so closely identified with celebs, I decided to pass. For instance, Cleopatra was real, AND was identified with Elizabeth Taylor. Lara Croft is identified with Angelina Jolie. I didn't think you were after the image created by movies (such as January Jones in one of the later Bond flicks). Strictly literary.

Well, I was having trouble thinking of those for some reason. Guess I'm not a heavy reader of the classics. (No, of course not!!! My taste runs to trashy novels. Spy thrillers, drama, etc.)

That being said, my current pick is Lis Salander. Just reading about her gets my engine running.
Dagny Taggart
Veronica.
Betty

That being said, my current pick is Lis Salander. Just reading about her gets my engine running. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I read those three horrible books because I have a friend who identifies with Lis Salander. That character WAS hot and smart and had grit. Wish I had some of her characteristics.

The only way that I got through them was I just wanted to see what happened to her. Of course, everyone else loved reading the trilogy!

Good one, Charles!
Elisabeth
Of course, everyone else loved reading the trilogy!

Good one, Charles!
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I only just finished the first one. A couple of weeks ago USA Today did a thing on summer reading and that book topped the list. I was a little disappointed to find out that the author had been commissioned to do a series of 10 and died after the third (and maybe part way into the fourth). That ruined the series for me. It's only a trilogy because the author died. So, I don't think we'll ever know what happened in the end.
If you like her character, go ahead and read the other two. The second one is very good. The third one is laborious to read because the first two-thirds is a build-up of what happens at the end. But at least with the third book, she's in the whole thing in one fashion or another.

It composed of some of my early summer reading. My father just finished the three books last week and he loved them.

Didn't know about the ten. Honestly, I might have wanted to just cut my throat if I was forced to read ten of them. Three? Not so bad. It's edgy enough, ONLY because of the Lisbeth character, to keep it interesting.

Just my thoughts on it.

Elisabeth
Amanda from Another Roadside Attraction
P.S. This is a really fun topic! I'll probably come up with some more...
i really did dream of betty..way more than veronica
I would swoon to be swived by Rhett Butler...
Zelda from the Mike Hammer series. More to come.
Arabella from Jude the Obscure.
Tess Durbeyfield from Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Spohie in Sommerset Maugham's The Razor's Edge

Bathsheba if you consider the Bible literature.

All that leap to mind immediately.
Arabella from Jude the Obscure. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Was she the one who threw the pig penis at him?