Bill Gates climate leader

I think they're of a humanitarian nature, although at least on climate change he's somewhat misguided. What do you think they are? Originally Posted by Tiny

I don't know Tiny. While I'm no big fan of Bill Gates, what he was saying about nuclear energy on 60 minutes made sense to me and only innovations that we haven't thought of yet, is the only thing that will possibly get us to a carbon neutral planet by 2050, windmills and solar sure as hell isn't going to do it.
I think they're of a humanitarian nature, although at least on climate change he's somewhat misguided. What do you think they are? Originally Posted by Tiny
Well let me put it to you like this, the old saying "If You Had A Brain you Would Be Dangerous". That's a good way to describe Bill Gates. I would question anything he gets involved with.
All the historical evidence is there that the climate of the earth changes, with or without humans.

Do we really make that much of a percentage difference, or speed at which it changes ?
All the historical evidence is there that the climate of the earth changes, with or without humans.

Do we really make that much of a percentage difference, or speed at which it changes ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Rarely mentioned but Earths magnetic poles change as well.

Do we really make that much of a percentage difference, or speed at which it changes ? Originally Posted by VitaMan

we're white noise when it comes to environmental climate change.

on the other hand, we do have alot of physical changes that alter the environmental balance in a given area or region. these are generally for the most part are non-polluting events.
The "Mother Earth" nonsense that is taught is what fucks people up.

Species of animals go extinct every day, new ones come up in their place. We discover new shit constantly. Food chains get upset, something evolves or grows to a point it dominates the environment, and then it dies out. The "natural order of things" is literal bedlam.

I mean, fuck, they re-introduced wolves to Yellowstone, and suddenly trees started growing back, all hell broke loose, and rivers got re-directed, w/o any other human action after re-introducing the wolves: https://youtu.be/ysa5OBhXz-Q
Gates painted a grim picture for the what the world will look like without well-funded research and development for green innovations, a cause he has dedicated himself to.

Natural ecosystems and the ability to farm in some parts of the world will be destroyed, leading to war and instability, he said.
  • oeb11
  • 02-20-2021, 03:21 PM
The "Mother Earth" nonsense that is taught is what fucks people up.

Species of animals go extinct every day, new ones come up in their place. We discover new shit constantly. Food chains get upset, something evolves or grows to a point it dominates the environment, and then it dies out. The "natural order of things" is literal bedlam.

I mean, fuck, they re-introduced wolves to Yellowstone, and suddenly trees started growing back, all hell broke loose, and rivers got re-directed, w/o any other human action after re-introducing the wolves: https://youtu.be/ysa5OBhXz-Q Originally Posted by GastonGlock

GG - 'The natural Order of Things" - is the process of natural selection.

You are correct!
Problem - 'man' steps in because 'he knows better' than Mother Nature - and to borrow from Lee Marvin in 'Paint Your Wagon" - "...and fucks it up good"!

Lee Marvin was prescient in his description of teh DPST party!
That is fine, that is true. But humans have no interest in going extinct.
In fact, they like a better lifestyle and being at the top of the food chain.

That may explain why Bill Gates does not live in a cave, even though it may be better, environmentally speaking.
  • oeb11
  • 02-21-2021, 05:04 AM
Gates and his hardly carbon neutral home in seattle on lake Washington - is a Hypocrite of teh first degree
just as his beloved marxist DPST party - owned by chairman Xi!
Like most politicians, Hollywood types, and uber-rich elitists, Gates will be insulated from the damage caused by what he advocates. If his utilities go up a few thousand a month he wouldn’t even notice, but a couple hundred could be a budget buster for some working stiff.
  • Tiny
  • 02-21-2021, 08:43 AM
Like most politicians, Hollywood types, and uber-rich elitists, Gates will be insulated from the damage caused by what he advocates. If his utilities go up a few thousand a month he wouldn’t even notice, but a couple hundred could be a budget buster for some working stiff. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
While I admire Gates, I agree on that. He was bragging a couple of weeks ago that he spends $7 million a year on biofuels for his private planes. Biofuels emit CO2 when they're burned btw.
Humans are the only living thing on earth that are aware of their existence. Since humans are aware, they are trying to reroute evolution.
Humans are the only living thing on earth that are aware of their existence. Since humans are aware, they are trying to reroute evolution. Originally Posted by VitaMan
What about animals,don't they know they exist?
I think they're of a humanitarian nature, .... Originally Posted by Tiny
... does he get to deduct his "humanitarian nature" annually?