When Bush Paid a Ransom to Terrorists

1st Busch didn't pay the ransom, the money was privately raised. Busch was following the law, since there is no law preventing the private payment of ransom. There was nothing he could do to prevent it in the case mentioned in the OP. But don't let the facts get in the way.

Originally Posted by want2c
I thinck you're on to something.
There was no original question. Too much caffeine?
If it was ok for Bush to negotiate with al Qaeda then it is ok for Obie to? They paid out $300,000 indirectly, and didn't get either one back. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
IVA- please let's not forget Obama negotiated with the Taliban- despite what Whirlaway and his followers say the Taliban are not Al-Queada- 2 totally different groups- Bush negotiated with a known Terrorist group- the only thing the Taliban are guilty of is harboring Osama Bin Laden. Thee afghanTaliban do not have their fingerprints on any international terrorist attacks- they are merely militants who are trying to rid their country of who they view as invaders(United States).
As I stated before- the Taliban have every right to fight for their land- and for the lying POS assholes who want to re-write history and paint the taliban as terrorist than go ahead and remember these are the same so called "terrorist" that Reagan was supporting for 8 years when they(taliban) were fighting the Soviets. Oh and for the record the Taliban when they were battling the soviets were using the same tactics- IED's, roadside bombs, sneak attacks etc against the soviets that they employ against the Americans- only difference were when they were killing soviets we viewed them as heroes and martyrs but when they kill Americans they are terrorist- I guess that's how it works.
IVA- please let's not forget Obama negotiated with the Taliban- despite what Whirlaway and his followers say the Taliban are not Al-Queada- 2 totally different groups- Bush negotiated with a known Terrorist group- the only thing the Taliban are guilty of is harboring Osama Bin Laden. Thee afghanTaliban do not have their fingerprints on any international terrorist attacks- they are merely militants who are trying to rid their country of who they view as invaders(United States).
As I stated before- the Taliban have every right to fight for their land- and for the lying POS assholes who want to re-write history and paint the taliban as terrorist than go ahead and remember these are the same so called "terrorist" that Reagan was supporting for 8 years when they(taliban) were fighting the Soviets. Oh and for the record the Taliban when they were battling the soviets were using the same tactics- IED's, roadside bombs, sneak attacks etc against the soviets that they employ against the Americans- only difference were when they were killing soviets we viewed them as heroes and martyrs but when they kill Americans they are terrorist- I guess that's how it works. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Yeah, WE, the Taliban are a fine, upstanding group .... up standing while they stone women buried up to their necks in soccer fields -- for public spectacle.
I was asking you Judy,what would you do? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
There was no original question. Too much caffeine? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Look Judy, a question.
Yeah, WE, the Taliban are a fine, upstanding group .... up standing while they stone women buried up to their necks in soccer fields -- for public spectacle. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You dumb stupid fuck- I take it you are a Christian correct? Well open up your Bible- stoning has been around since the Biblical days- whether you think it's inhumane or not is your opinion- but there are several countries- I can name 6 nations that still have death by stoning- so to say "stoning" is just done by the Taliban it's pure stupid and shows your lack of knowledge- who are you, me or anyone else to judge how a country dishes out punishment.
Some countries may think the United states is sick minded for allowing gay couples to marry- and were you in an uproar when the U.S was sending millions in economic and weapons aid to the same Taliban when they were fighting the soviets- google what the Taliban would do to a soviet soldier if caught- but it was ok back then right because the Taliban in the 80's were the good guys right? The Taliban perhaps stoned her because of adultery which is forbidden in Islamic law and punished by stoning- their laws not ours- is that any worst than when Blacks were being lynched in the 60's for just being Black? Which one is the worst of the 2- stoning a woman who committed adultery when the woman was aware that under Sharia law stoning was the sentenced if you got caught or lynching an innocent person because they just happened to be black?
You dumb stupid fuck- I take it you are a Christian correct? Well open up your Bible- stoning has been around since the Biblical days- whether you think it's inhumane or not is your opinion- but there are several countries- I can name 6 nations that still have death by stoning- so to say "stoning" is just done by the Taliban it's pure stupid and shows your lack of knowledge- who are you, me or anyone else to judge how a country dishes out punishment.
Some countries may think the United states is sick minded for allowing gay couples to marry- and were you in an uproar when the U.S was sending millions in economic and weapons aid to the same Taliban when they were fighting the soviets- google what the Taliban would do to a soviet soldier if caught- but it was ok back then right because the Taliban in the 80's were the good guys right? The Taliban perhaps stoned her because of adultery which is forbidden in Islamic law and punished by stoning- their laws not ours- is that any worst than when Blacks were being lynched in the 60's for just being Black? Which one is the worst of the 2- stoning a woman who committed adultery when the woman was aware that under Sharia law stoning was the sentenced if you got caught or lynching an innocent person because they just happened to be black?
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You're the dumb, stupid fuck, WE, because you're the ignoramus defending the Taliban in the year 2014!

Unlike your ignorant ass, WE, Reagan, in fact, had a plan when he gave the Taliban weapons, jackass! Reagan's plan was to supply the Taliban and help bring down the Soviet Union, WE!

Guess what, WE? Like the Berlin Wall, the Soviet Union came tumbling down, you stupid jackass! Reagan's plan worked in 1989 and it was gone by 1991, WE; whereas, your stupid ass is defending the Taliban in 2014, WE!

Furthermore, WE, your ignorant, out-of-context and bent POV regarding Reagan's dealings with the Taliban has as much relevancy and legitimacy as criticizing FDR for this picture and alliance:

Hence, WE, you're a hypocrite if you have a problem with what Reagan did and choose to remain silent about the tanks, trucks, planes, machine guns, tankers, and other war making materiel FDR gave to Stalin: Stalin -- one of the top five mass murderers in world history, WE.
You're the dumb, stupid fuck, WE, because you're the ignoramus defending the Taliban in the year 2014!

Unlike your ignorant ass, WE, Reagan, in fact, had a plan when he gave the Taliban weapons, jackass! Reagan's plan was to supply the Taliban and help bring down the Soviet Union, WE!

Guess what, WE? Like the Berlin Wall, the Soviet Union came tumbling down, you stupid jackass! Reagan's plan worked in 1989 and it was gone by 1991, WE; whereas, your stupid ass is defending the Taliban in 2014, WE!

Furthermore, WE, your ignorant, out-of-context and bent POV regarding Reagan's dealings with the Taliban has as much relevancy and legitimacy as criticizing FDR for this picture and alliance:

Hence, WE, you're a hypocrite if you have a problem with what Reagan did and choose to remain silent about the tanks, trucks, planes, machine guns, tankers, and other war making materiel FDR gave to Stalin: Stalin -- one of the top five mass murderers in world history, WE.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No YOU are!
whereas, your stupid ass is defending the Taliban in 2014, WE! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Wrong again Mr. Idiot! The only one who has openly defended the Taliban on these pages was your butt buddy and favorite first cousin, Trendy The "Trending" Idiot,

Trendy moonlights as a Wannabee Taliban Commander! Get a rope!

I believe the Taliban Commander. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Wrong again Mr. Idiot! The only one who has openly defended the Taliban was your butt buddy and favorite cousin, Trendy The "Trending" Idiot & Wannabee Taliban Commander. Originally Posted by bigtex
You couldn't find the LZ, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, so no one expects that you might do anything other than flounder and sputter when you try to land on the facts, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat.

Here's WE defending the Taliban, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat:

IVA- please let's not forget Obama negotiated with the Taliban- despite what Whirlaway and his followers say the Taliban are not Al-Queada- 2 totally different groups- Bush negotiated with a known Terrorist group- the only thing the Taliban are guilty of is harboring Osama Bin Laden. Thee afghanTaliban do not have their fingerprints on any international terrorist attacks- they are merely militants who are trying to rid their country of who they view as invaders(United States) .
As I stated before- the Taliban have every right to fight for their land- and for the lying POS assholes who want to re-write history and paint the taliban as terrorist than go ahead and remember these are the same so called "terrorist" that Reagan was supporting for 8 years when they(taliban) were fighting the Soviets.
Oh and for the record the Taliban when they were battling the soviets were using the same tactics- IED's, roadside bombs, sneak attacks etc against the soviets that they employ against the Americans- only difference were when they were killing soviets we viewed them as heroes and martyrs but when they kill Americans they are terrorist- I guess that's how it works.
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911

Here's what WE evidently didn't read, or is stupidly ignoring, about the Taliban's terrorist activities that happened this very week, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat:

7 more bodies found after Pakistan airport terrorist attack
By Sophia Saifi, Holly Yan and Aliza Kassim, CNN
updated 7:13 AM EDT, Tue June 10, 2014

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the assault on the country's largest and busiest airport.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/09/world/...cks/index.html

Here's some more facts WE evidently didn't read, or is stupidly ignoring, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat:

The Taliban have been accused of using terrorism as a specific tactic to further their ideological and political goals. According to the United Nations, the Taliban and their allies were responsible for 75% of Afghan civilian casualties in 2010, 80% in 2011, and 80% in 2012.
Bush negotiated with a known Terrorist group- the only thing the Taliban are guilty of is harboring Osama Bin Laden. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
1. Please provide the names of any terrorists Bush or Reagan traded to get hostages/POW's because I can provide 5 names Obama gave up.

2. Did you read the UN mass murder charges about 2 of the 5 released?? Sure seems there is evidence of them as Taliban leaders who are guilty of more than harboring OBL.
Look Judy, a question. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
About what? This question thing is pretty hard for you isn't it.
Some countries may think the United states is sick minded for allowing gay couples to marry- and were you in an uproar when the U.S was sending millions in economic and weapons aid to the same Taliban when they were fighting the soviets- google what the Taliban would do to a soviet soldier if caught- but it was ok back then right because the Taliban in the 80's were the good guys right? The Taliban perhaps stoned her because of adultery which is forbidden in Islamic law and punished by stoning- their laws not ours- is that any worst than when Blacks were being lynched in the 60's for just being Black? Which one is the worst of the 2- stoning a woman who committed adultery when the woman was aware that under Sharia law stoning was the sentenced if you got caught or lynching an innocent person because they just happened to be black? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911

So you're okay with stoning someone? You're a sick fuck.
I think you all need a history lesson and an analogy.

The Taliban did not exist in 1980. The Mujahideen did. They're were fighting the invaders of their country. They had done nothing to the Soviet Union except exist. Yes, there were the "good guys".

In 1789 the French people rose up against the monarchy. They were tired of being taxed to death (aren't we all). They did kill some people that resisted. They were the "good guys".

By 2000 the Taliban which now existed to rule Afghanistan since the Soviets were long gone. They killed their own people, blew up ancient artifacts, and exported terrorism to the world. They were also a base to launch attacks against the United States. They are "bad guys".

By 1790 the French had finished their revolution and now they were attacking each other. Over 17,000 people were beheaded by the guillotine including some former leaders of the revolution. Just being a landed gentry or noble could get you the death penalty. They created Napoleon who took the revolution to other countries. They had become "bad guys".

Trying to equate what someone was at an earlier time to what they are now is dishonest. You have to take them as they are now. Islamic terrorists are our enemy and should always be treated as such.
About what? This question thing is pretty hard for you isn't it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
LOL not as hard as it is for you...Dismissed.