Both Cops Resign After Body Cam Footage Is Released

Unfortunately few on here acknowledge that "their guys" ever do wrong. In this case the cops were wrong. What "perspective" would you put on this case? Originally Posted by Old-T
OR ... there are those on here who don't rush to judgment based on new media descriptions and slices of video with context left on the "cutting room floor"!

There are numerous instances in which the media reporters were wrong!
  • Old-T
  • 10-02-2016, 01:41 PM
True.

And there are times when they are right.

Most on here have very selective eyesight and memory, only acknowledging the ones they want to see.
I agree that sometimes people scream about biases and prejudice where it does not exist. Those situations increase racial tensions.

But sometimes racial bigotry and biases DO exist and some bad police DO go after Blacks and others because they are Black. When that happens it does need to be condemned.

Unfortunately few on here acknowledge that "their guys" ever do wrong. In this case the cops were wrong. What "perspective" would you put on this case?
Originally Posted by Old-T
No, basically they weren't wrong other than when they crossed the line and hog tied the guy, which is against their departments use of force policy. I think it's safe to assume they were given an ultimatum to either resign or face termination which would void their severance package. Departments don't want to be news stories when it comes to race. This country is all about divide and conquer. If this incident didn't have a race thing going you wouldn't hear about it nor would you give a shit. Check out the following link of a black cop wailing the tar out of a black subject the OP wouldn't dare post that now would he?

Jim
http://www.click2houston.com/news/me...ten-with-baton
True.

And there are times when they are right.

Most on here ...
Originally Posted by Old-T
Unfortunately, the posters are reflective of the current "condition" of our society and the division between "sides." But 95% (may be more) of the loudmouths criticizing the police don't have clue as to what they do on a daily basis or what they face occasionally in the thousands of confrontations a year they experience in which they must make split second (literally) decisions on little information just to save their own lives as well as the lives of others around them. And I include the TV "pundits" who spend hours, days, and weeks dissecting the event with open law books and fantasy equipment that doesn't exist.

The walking in another man's moccasins means nothing any more.
Unfortunately, the posters are reflective of the current "condition" of our society and the division between "sides." But 95% (may be more) of the loudmouths criticizing the police don't have clue as to what they do on a daily basis or what they face occasionally in the thousands of confrontations a year they experience in which they must make split second (literally) decisions on little information just to save their own lives as well as the lives of others around them. And I include the TV "pundits" who spend hours, days, and weeks dissecting the event with open law books and fantasy equipment that doesn't exist.

The walking in another man's moccasins means nothing any more. Originally Posted by LexusLover

you can try your bullshit else where. Just like your comments about digging up MT information and trying to spin it to your benefit as if we can't read what you typed; now you're trying to spin a video we can clearly see for ourselves and discern what's happening. LOL You may practice your spin shit in make believe interrogation rooms but not here and surely not with me. Not for a second do I think you're bright. Not for a second. You're a mile wide and inch deep there's no real substance to you.
"Not for a second do I think ..." Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Had you stopped right there you would have been more accurate.

In fact I think I'll start quoting your self-assessment with that!

SissyChaps Post #20: "Not for a second do I think ..."
you can try your bullshit else where. Just like your comments about digging up MT information and trying to spin it to your benefit as if we can't read what you typed; now you're trying to spin a video we can clearly see for ourselves and discern what's happening. LOL You may practice your spin shit in make believe interrogation rooms but not here and surely not with me. Not for a second do I think you're bright. Not for a second. You're a mile wide and inch deep there's no real substance to you. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Tell us all you silly motherfucker, are you concerned about police conduct in general or only when it's white cop versus black suspect? Be realistic for a change, you know you are as racist as they come. The bottom line is black suspects get their asses kicked and shot by both white and black cops daily in this country because they are stupid.

Jim
You may practice your spin shit in make believe interrogation rooms but not here and surely not with me. Not for a second do I think you're bright. Not for a second. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
"make believe interrogation rooms" ..... you are delusional ...

... as for your comparative intelligence .....

This has a higher IQ:

And I'm not referencing the moss clinging to it.
It is with great hope that any and all "officers of the law" that would perform their duties in an illegal fashion be immediately removed from that position and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We should start at the top with the AG and the head of the FBI. Hard for them to set a proper example when the highest law enforcement position in the nation is served by the likes of Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.

Justice for all.........doesn't seem to hold true under the current administration. No wonder there is so little respect for the individual and likewise for those tasked with properly enforcing the law.
It is with great hope that any and all "officers of the law" that would perform their duties in an illegal fashion be immediately removed from that position and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We should start at the top with the AG and the head of the FBI. Hard for them to set a proper example when the highest law enforcement position in the nation is served by the likes of Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.

Justice for all.........doesn't seem to hold true under the current administration. No wonder there is so little respect for the individual and likewise for those tasked with properly enforcing the law. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
It's called selective and disparate enforcement.
Yes. I knew of an officer that petition the city council to enact a law that would allow him to be selective in his enforcement. Small town and he was the only officer.

I suppose that is why the statue of lady justice is blindfolded, not so much because justice is blind but because justice can choose to see or not see depending on how the blindfold is positioned.