OOBE's

I'm not sure how isochronic tones work, but they are reputed to achieve the same ends as binaural beats in less time, and without headphones. I still prefer the binaural beats.
I'm not sure how isochronic tones work, but they are reputed to achieve the same ends as binaural beats in less time, and without headphones. I still prefer the binaural beats. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
This thread is explaining a lot of things about you COG

Sorry, didn't mean to butt in. Carry on. I am fascinated.
Have any of you tried a sensory deprivation tank?
No but if your willing to shell out the dough for me I'll try it out and let you know.
  • CJ7
  • 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Have any of you tried a sensory deprivation tank? Originally Posted by markroxny

yeah, The Sandbox
For those of you bold enough to try it.... www.iso-tones.com
Completely free. He does ask for donations though.
I'm getting good results with the isochronic tones vs. binaural.
It's hard finding the time but i got a very good close up view of my bedroom ceiling the other day.
I experience it a lot during the news,although some would call it sleep.
I read one of Monroe's books long ago and have read extensively on related topics, ie eastern philosophy. The idea of deliberately inducing an out of body experience has always seemed a little creepy to me, due to the fact that demonic spirits supposedly inhabit the astral plane you're entering into, when you have an OOBE. OOBE's are not something to be played around with, IMHO. A friend of mine had an OOBE, by accident. He said he wrestled with some sort of entity that he believed was trying to kill him.

Some spiritual practices can be dangerous without proper guidance. Practicing Kundalini Yoga without an experienced teacher can be especially dangerous to your mental health.

If you're interested in pursuing the spiritual path, I highly recommend "The Three Pillars of Zen" by Phillip Kapleau. I read it long ago; I'm currently re-reading it. It has a lot of personal accounts of people's spritual breakthroughs which make the belief that we are *all part of one universal spirit seem very real.

* Except liberals, of course. Originally Posted by joe bloe
I've not read the book by kapleau but i know that to be true.
We are all one. I'm definitely going to track that book down now.
Thank you hankering.
But I'd pay much more if it led to further insight to the universe.
Thank you hankering.
But I'd pay much more if it led to further insight to the universe. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
I'll sell you my copy for a million dollars.