AMERICA IS ON CRUZ CONTROL!!! GET EM TED!!!

• WTF
  • 09-25-2013, 05:58 AM
. I'm done with all of you. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
We can only pray this is true...bunker/power down girl. Stay off the grid. The end is near. In 50 years you will be like those old Japs they found still fighting WWII
Ok ready for something I think is funny as hell... I skimmed through this thread to read only posts I knew had something to offer. You know how many I read? 2

Oh and WTF since he was last. All I have to say to you is ill be considered crazy right up until the moment I'm not. There is such a thing as too late. If you're right, then what do you care what I believe because it won't make a hill of beans. If I'm right, you're fucked buddy.
This is so true.
Cruz is an embarrassment to Texas. I'd like to know how Obamacare has affected each and every person so far. Maybe in the future it will impact many of us negatively. But what about as of today, September 24, 2013? Have your premiums gone up? Are you getting less coverage for the same amount? Please enlighten us. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
My premiums have gone up every year for the last 30 years. The last few years they've gone up a greater percentage than usual. The co-pays have nearly doubled in the last two years and the deductibles have gone up several thousand.

I'd like to hear how people's insurance hasn't gone up. I'm not seeing any media reports of such and I watch CNN and MSNBC frequently.

We can only pray this is true...bunker/power down girl. Stay off the grid. The end is near. In 50 years you will be like those old Japs they found still fighting WWII Originally Posted by WTF
Watched 30 min of the Senator Cruz speech. If I heard correctly he's for taking away tax benefits for employers to provide health care benefits to their employees and he believes health care should be individually based and not job based...which I believe is what you've been railing for these last few years.

Welcome to the TEA Party WTF!
Bring your samuri sword to the meetings.
The Affordable Care Act is NOT health insurance. Why do premiums go up? Healthcare costs have averaged an annual 7% increase for the last 20 years. These increases are unsustainable. The Texas Hospital Association stated the average family plan currently costs $1800 per year more because of the costs associated with uninsured care. My Texas county property taxes include a hospital district. This is directly attributable to uninsured care. Oh, Congress is not exempt. US corporations who provide health insurance compete directly with foreign corporations who do not provide coverage. Why? We are the only 1st world nation that does not have universal healthcare.....yes, even Israel, whom we provide 3 Billion per year in military aid assistance, has a universal healthcare plan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_..._insurance_law Go figure. Between 2000 and 2008 the average private plan for a family of four increased from $8000 to $12000. I have not seen/heard one proposal from those "fuming" over the Affordable Care Act.....which is not insurance.....to address the unsustainability of the current system. I suppose the Act's provisions to prevent denial of insurance based on preexisting conditions, the Act's provision to lift the lifetime coverage limits, and the Act's provision to compel health insurance providers to use at least 80% of premium revenue to directly care for policy holders could be disturbing to some. No provider of insurance is forced to participate and some have chosen to opt out in selected markets. However, there remains more than ample private carriers interested and participating. Texas has chosen not to open state exchanges.
The Affordable Care Act is NOT health insurance; but it is a major over haul of the regulatory environment in which health insurance operates...placing the federal government as the central decision maker. It will be the gate keeper for hundreds of millions of Americans, if not all !

The next step after the ACA fails ? National single payer health insurance. That is when the ACA becomes health insurance !
  • Laz
  • 09-25-2013, 07:55 AM
The Affordable Care Act is NOT health insurance. Why do premiums go up? Healthcare costs have averaged an annual 7% increase for the last 20 years. These increases are unsustainable. The Texas Hospital Association stated the average family plan currently costs $1800 per year more because of the costs associated with uninsured care. My Texas county property taxes include a hospital district. This is directly attributable to uninsured care. Oh, Congress is not exempt. US corporations who provide health insurance compete directly with foreign corporations who do not provide coverage. Why? We are the only 1st world nation that does not have universal healthcare.....yes, even Israel, whom we provide 3 Billion per year in military aid assistance, has a universal healthcare plan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_..._insurance_law Go figure. Between 2000 and 2008 the average private plan for a family of four increased from $8000 to $12000. I have not seen/heard one proposal from those "fuming" over the Affordable Care Act.....which is not insurance.....to address the unsustainability of the current system. I suppose the Act's provisions to prevent denial of insurance based on preexisting conditions, the Act's provision to lift the lifetime coverage limits, and the Act's provision to compel health insurance providers to use at least 80% of premium revenue to directly care for policy holders could be disturbing to some. No provider of insurance is forced to participate and some have chosen to opt out in selected markets. However, there remains more than ample private carriers interested and participating. Texas has chosen not to open state exchanges. Originally Posted by lostincypress
The act itself is not insurance but it requires people to buy insurance which is not health care. It is just a method of paying for health care and a very inefficient one at that. I agree with you that the current trend in insurance and health care costs are unsustainable but this law will do nothing to fix that. What I have seen of the government plans in the exchanges is not impressive. High premiums, high deductibles and high co-pays but no HSA. Unless you are low income and getting a subsidy this is a lousy deal.

You also mention those health care districts we pay for with property taxes. Has anyone heard of any state or local tax of that nature that anyone is talking about reducing? As you point out the cost of the uninsured is already in the system and that cost will not disappear. We will just pay it twice now.
Ok ready for something I think is funny as hell... I skimmed through this thread to read only posts I knew had something to offer. You know how many I read? 2

Oh and WTF since he was last. All I have to say to you is ill be considered crazy right up until the moment I'm not. There is such a thing as too late. If you're right, then what do you care what I believe because it won't make a hill of beans. If I'm right, you're fucked buddy. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Do you honestly (foreign word for you) believe that your rants will spur decent debate? (retards like IIIIIffffffyyyy notwithstanding)

You and your guns and your bunker talk? Ready to go to jail before,you buy health insurance?

Read the shit you write and then criticize what follows.

Stuoid Fucking Girl!
If you guys haven't been watching this filibuster, you've got to tune in. He is crushing every single person that trys to come up in defense of obamacare. Interesting, since there's no one in the chamber.

I'm watching richard durbin LIE THROUGH HIS FUCKING TEETH. Our premiums went up by more than a grand a month with a 12,000 deductible. So has everyone else's. Unfortunately for your theory, the AHCA hasn't gone into effect. This begs the question, "What has caused insurance premiums to go up an average of 7% every year for the past 25 years?"They fucking got us through the deductible. I hadn't even thought of that until we were saddled with it. We dropped all coverage. I can't wait to go to jail over this. I REFUSE TO BUY SOMETHING TO LIVE HERE. Based on what you say your coverage might be, a $12K deductible is probably a cheapo "hospitalization" plan like the ones that show up on the company fax machine every few days that I wipe my ass with. Just think, when you go to jail you will have no expenses and your healthcare will be free.

Cruz is outstanding. Patriots, support him by watching. He's fighting for US right this very second. This is some "fighting" for me I can do without.

Oh please haters... come on... give me all you've got. You can't put even a scratch on me tonight. Better lilving through modern chemistry.It doesn't matter if we lose. The odds don't matter anymore. This is good, because you will and it's nice to know that you realize that.It's fight or die and all you tiny dems and repubs can suck eggs. I'm done with all of you. Please, God make it so! Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Glenna, Glenna, you need healthcare more than most. Please get your meds adjusted.
The act itself is not insurance but it requires people to buy insurance which is not health care. It is just a method of paying for health care and a very inefficient one at that. I agree with you that the current trend in insurance and health care costs are unsustainable but this law will do nothing to fix that. What I have seen of the government plans in the exchanges is not impressive. High premiums, high deductibles and high co-pays but no HSA. Unless you are low income and getting a subsidy this is a lousy deal.

You also mention those health care districts we pay for with property taxes. Has anyone heard of any state or local tax of that nature that anyone is talking about reducing? As you point out the cost of the uninsured is already in the system and that cost will not disappear. We will just pay it twice now. Originally Posted by Laz
Local taxes are a local issue and if a reduction of uninsured patients occurs county officials can be held accountable for tax rates. Massachusetts currently, under Romney's initiative, has fewer than 2% uninsured. Texas hovers somewhere around 25% .....least best in the US....even Oklahoma has only around 17% which is close to the national average. There currently exists no competition in the healthcare industry. It's a monopoly with arbitrary annual increases in cost passed on to the consumer. This is not unlike the ATT of the past, trucking, airlines, etc that were protected and coddled at the expense of the consumer. I haven't seen any Labor Day sales for medical procedures or hospital stays in a long, long, long time. Over the years the number of medical professionals entering the field has been restricted by the lack of schools. The Medical Profession knows fewer doctors equals higher fees. We only graduate about 12,000 new doctors per year.....compare that to the 40,000 new lawyers chasing ambulances we foist on society annually. Why are so many doctors from India, Pakistan, and other nations?
  • Old-T
  • 09-25-2013, 08:38 AM
We will never get to a true "good" health care answer until there is a return to politicians wanting to reach reasonable compromises.

The pre-Obama health system was not working for tens of millions of people in the US, but those who had it good refused to seriously discuss change. The pressure built until there was a mindless, brainless, poorly thought out "revolt" that gave us Obamacare.

NEITHER is a good system, but hardly any politician is focused on trying to find/implement a good solution. They are too busy trying to "win". So long as politicians view politics as winning and losing instead of a public service of governing we will not solve this problem (or a lot of others). The congress is filled with zealots who truly do not care about doing what is right for the people, only playing a giant game of egos. Until the middle kicks out the wackos on both fringes this won't change. And until the primary system changes, we won't get rid of the wackos.

Cruz is a prime example of the wackos we have elected. He is just as dangerous as Pelosi and the wackos on the other side.
Here we go ... damn facts getting in the way again!

The Affordable Care Act is NOT a plan hatched by the Democratic Party. It's origin is in the mid 1990's Conservative efforts under Gringrich . . . and then implemented (successfully, by the way) by a Republican Governor.

Passed both the House and Senate and has been upheld as Law by the US Supreme Court. (Sorry, didn't feel like piling on counting the 40+ "silly votes" so far).

This country was not built on the concept of "I didn't vote for it so I'm not going to obey the wall" ... get over that.

It's time to do what WE all have to do with laws that are passed by both parties and pass judicial scrutiny: Figure them out and how to use them to our advantage!
Here we go ... damn facts getting in the way again!

The Affordable Care Act is NOT a plan hatched by the Democratic Party. It's origin is in the mid 1990's Conservative efforts under Gringrich . . . and then implemented (successfully, by the way) by a Republican Governor.

Passed both the House and Senate and has been upheld as Law by the US Supreme Court. (Sorry, didn't feel like piling on counting the 40+ "silly votes" so far).

This country was not built on the concept of "I didn't vote for it so I'm not going to obey the wall" ... get over that.

It's time to do what WE all have to do with laws that are passed by both parties and pass judicial scrutiny: Figure them out and how to use them to our advantage!
typo: "Wall" = "Law"
I agree monkey. Don't think for a second I support republicans. I believe both parties and people who who support either party are a stain on what this country was built on.

We are on hour 19. It's been running in my house since yesterday.

I didn't read the rest of y'all's because I don't care what you have to say on this.