Here is a serious question about Obamacare and you

I was notified by my pre-existing carrier that I had to do nothing as far as "signing up," because I will be automatically renewed on January 1st. They were honest with me a couple of months ago when I spoke to them on the phone about the "renewal" process. I was informed they are uncertain if the coverage will be the same, they are uncertain as to the premium costs, and uncertain about the deductibles and copays.

If anyone on here spouts off they "already know" ... I'll say it first: You are a fucking liar.
So did you sign up thru healthcare.gov? You make it sound like you have the same policy and carrier and are paying considerably less. I believe from another thread you said you weren't getting a subsidy.

I'm not seeing anyone else make this claim. I'm not even seeing anyone making the claim they've been able to get a policy in Texas thru the healthcare.gov website. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I have the same carrier, but not the same policy. A much better policy with the kind of coverage I got 30 years ago when I had group insurance through the company I worked for.

The Texas Risk pool ceases to exist on January 1. So we were forced to get new coverage. They held us down and of the 76 choices available in Texas, forced us choose between 23 silver, gold and platinum plans based on our needs. Kicking and screaming, we compared networks, care models, drug benefits, wellness programs covered, hearing, vision and dental coverages and all that terrible shit that we haven't been able to get for 20 years. Then when things couldn't get worse, we picked a PPO from BCBS with a maximum out of pocket cost of 1500 between the two of us per year.

Self-employed small business owner (solo practitioner), both of us. If you are a solo act and and have a pre-existing or two in your family then at least in Texas, you're either a member of the Risk Pool(or using a self-funded HSA and catastrophic), uninsured or paying out the ass like me.

Every one of our policy choices costs hundreds up to a thousand a month less (UNSUBSIDIZED)than the $2,000 a month average I've paid for the past 25 years on our existing policy through the Risk pool.

Ive said this for weeks now. You guys can bitch and moan all you like. Call me a liar as much as you want. But this is a freaking lifesaver for me. And I'm loving it, boys and Slunts.

That's way more info than you deserve but to see how great things can be, you e got to consider how shitty they were to begin with.

Oh yeah. If you can't connect through healthcare.gov (which is working much better now), you can request a paper application and do it the old fashioned way ... Just like any other insurance policy.

Plus you can just buy your new policy direct from the carrier. They've got the same choices that are available on the marketplace at the same price. After all, that's what you're buying to begin with.

Mass hysteria uncalled for. Most of you loons don't even need healthcare.gov.

So please squeal louder. I've got a great policy and I will be saving a shitload of money starting jan 1.
JD pays taxes; so he is enrolled to pay and support Odumbocare, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar Asshat. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
That's a lie. He is not enrolled. Any more than he's enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, the Waltrip High School or Reliant Stadium, all of which are supported by tax dollars.

learn to define your terms.

Never mind. Just .stfu.

I was notified by my pre-existing carrier that I had to do nothing as far as "signing up," because I will be automatically renewed on January 1st. They were honest with me a couple of months ago when I spoke to them on the phone about the "renewal" process. I was informed they are uncertain if the coverage will be the same, they are uncertain as to the premium costs, and uncertain about the deductibles and copays.

If anyone on here spouts off they "already know" ... I'll say it first: You are a fucking liar. Originally Posted by LexusLover
obviously you haven't shopped the marketplace,LL. Every plan is outlined and priced. you can compare products side by side and sort in several ways.

The only notification I got my my existing carrier is that they were dropping the plan on Jan 1 and "son, you're on your own."
That's a lie. He is not enrolled. Any more than he's enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, the Waltrip High School or Reliant Stadium, all of which are supported by tax dollars.

learn to define your terms.

Never mind. Just .stfu.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're a blatantly-stupid-ass liar, you dumb-fuck golem jackass. JD is a U.S. taxpaying citizen, you dumb-fuck golem jackass, he IS enrolled to pay for and support tax subsidies funding Odumbocare.
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2013, 08:43 AM
You just proved how ignorant you are, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar Asshat. Odumbo, Pelosi, et al, already signed your ignorant-ass up, and you are already PAYING for it. Despite your ignorant attempts to deflect and deny, YOUR healthcare costs went up because YOU are subsidizing someone else's healthcare. So you now have a healthcare plan that is in every respect as functionally efficient as the USPS: just like Odumbo promised. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
IB, that is exactly how it was before this act. We all (all that pay local taxes) subsidized people that did not have insurance and went to the ER and also people that had so called Cadillac insurance plans with tax breaks.

JD's point was that if you hadn't 'signed' up, you should not have a say on eccie about the act. Which is a really weird logic in my book.

btw...I have not signed up as of yet...was waiting for the kinks to be worked out. Plan on doing so shortly. Especially after Yssup's post detailing how it is not as hard as they are making it out to be.
IB, that is exactly how it was before this act. We all subsidized people that did not have insurance and went to the ER and also people that had so called Cadillac insurance plans with tax breaks.

JD's point was that if you hadn't 'signed' up, you should not have a say on eccie about the act. Which is a really weird logic in my book. Originally Posted by WTF
Not a completely true statement. Many people pay out-of-pocket for emergency room treatment. I know I did on two occassions when I wasn't carrying insurance when I was in my twenties.
.... really weird logic in my book. Originally Posted by WTF
I agree.

I'm not "signed up" for food stamps ... I want a say in how the program is managed, funded, and monitored .... and when I stand in line at the grocery store with someone with a card or coupon for buying FOOD and I see some of the shit in the basket that is added to the BILL .. BEFORE the card or coupon gets used ... I realize the program is not being ...

...... managed, funded, and monitored ......... appropriately.

As for "tax credits" for those who have "private insurance coverage" .. that is simply funding the "private insurance companies" and NOT paying for those WITHOUT PRIVATE COVERAGE. The "penalty" for not having insurance DOES COVER the "tax credits."

There have been too many exemptions from the "penalty" passed out.
You're a blatantly-stupid-ass liar, you dumb-fuck golem jackass. JD is a U.S. taxpaying citizen, you dumb-fuck golem jackass, he IS enrolled to pay for and support tax subsidies funding Odumbocare. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Jesus you are thick! Enrolling in the Exchange is what is being discussed here. You're arguing about your own misuse of terms. this is typical of your meltdowns. Taxpayers are not automatically enrolled in the healthcare marketplace exchange. otherwise you'd know what was there and shut the fuck up about it.

I guess you really are ready for a week or so of shrieking. We'll see what
obviously you haven't shopped the marketplace,LL. Every plan is outlined and priced. you can compare products side by side and sort in several ways.

The only notification I got my my existing carrier is that they were dropping the plan on Jan 1 and "son, you're on your own." Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
#1: "Obviously" because it suits your bullshit. You can always find a cheaper pair of shoes!

#2: "Every set of tires is outlined and priced and you can compare tires side by side and sort in several ways" .... except the "fine print" they neglect to publish which is contained in your contract when you select the tires you are going to buy. stems, air, balancing, road hazards, disposal charges, taxes, and ....... etc. But the set of 4 was advertised at $500.

#3: Ask your carrier for a copy of your policy BEFORE you contract for one! READ IT.

The bottom line is that NO CARRIER (and I'm not talking a "sales rep" ...) at this point knows from an underwriting perspective what its "cost-benefit" analysis is until AFTER the OPEN ENROLLMENT, plus any extensions of the OPEN ENROLLMENT. As a consequence they insert THE RIGHT to adjust coverage AND premiums. And when you sign up for it ... you contract they have THAT RIGHT!

As for coverage, the CARRIERS have NOT contracted with providers to tie them down for the COVERAGE + costs of the COVERAGE, so from an underwriting position, then do not know what their LOSSES will be for any particular set or subset of BILLING CODES so they don't have a clue as to what they will need to charge in the way of PREMIUMS so they won't go broke and will return a profit for their stockholders.

Employers have the same issue. They don't know what their premiums will ACTUALLY BE.

May be you are not a "liar" .... but just ignorant, which is curable BTW.
Jesus you are thick! Enrolling in the Exchange is what is being discussed here. You're arguing about your own misuse of terms. this is typical of your meltdowns. Taxpayers are not automatically enrolled in the healthcare marketplace exchange. otherwise you'd know what was there and shut the fuck up about it.

I guess you really are ready for a week or so of shrieking. We'll see what Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're the ignorant dumb-fuck golem jackass that's ignorantly trying to equivocate and deny that all tax-paying U.S. citizens are funding Odumbocare. Tax money, in the form of "subsidies", is being allocated to those exchanges; hence, all tax-payers are enrolled in Odumbocare, you dumb-fuck golem jackass.
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Not a completely true statement. Many people pay out-of-pocket for emergency room treatment. I know I did on two occassions when I wasn't carrying insurance when I was in my twenties. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
True but that is far and few between. I paid for my appendix removal a few years back and one other surgery, (around 25k for both). What you did not pay for (nor I) is the cost of healthcare were we to have had say a million dollar ER visit.

I was able not to have insurance because I knew that I would be taken care of regardless. That is why folks with the ability to insure , would/could not. The playing field was so unequal as Yssup explained.

Look, I pay taxes that go to build roads that I do not use, I have not problem with this so called Obamacare, I like the fact that it put more skin in the game for more folks.
Not a completely true statement. Many people pay out-of-pocket for emergency room treatment. I know I did on two occassions when I wasn't carrying insurance when I was in my twenties. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Many? Not the uninsured. Not the indigent. Make that "a few."

Are you promoting the exorbitant cost of ER treatment for non-emergency services as a good thing? a cost-cutting thing?

Keep,spewing the stupidity, Corpy. This is going to be a long week, and I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about before they come get you.
You're the ignorant dumb-fuck golem jackass that's ignorantly trying to equivocate and deny that all tax-paying U.S. citizens are funding Odumbocare. Tax money, in the form of "subsidies", is being allocated to those exchanges; hence, all tax-payers are enrolled in Odumbocare, you dumb-fuck golem jackass.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
OK ASSHOLE, I'm not saying that taxpayers aren't funding Obamacare. I'm saying you're wrong when you say everybody is automatically enrolled in the program.
Jesus you are thick! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I've been going on the "Texas Insurance Commission" website for YEARS comparing costs and coverage .. and determining deducts and copays. You act like this is something "new" created by that hag from California and the knit-wit next door. Those 2 couldn't run a one-car funeral ... and neither one of them had an original thought since getting out of diapers. The CBO doesn't know what the premiums will be ... how could you?

The dumbshits can't tell the insurance carriers how much to charge, and the carriers don't know yet. The dumbshits can't tell the providers how much to charge, and the providers AND carriers don't know yet. Read the fine print when you get it. IF YOU GET IT.

You got the tires mounted ... the bill is coming.