So what literary character would you like to swive?

• gamma
  • 08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Eliza from Neal Stephenson's The Baroque Cycle Originally Posted by Gryphon
and...

Trillian from HHGTTG
Danielle Minkoff from The emperor's children.
Was she the one who threw the pig penis at him? Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
Yep. One in the same. Just a dirty girl all the way around. And there was a great name that was used for the pig's dick. I wish i could remember it. A "pizzle" maybe?

But even though she turned out to be completely unfaithful and unsatisfying to Jude, I always found her more interesting than Sue. Arabella had a much more raw and carnal sexuality about her. And a coarseness, too, signified at first by the pig's dick.
Another vote for Neil Stephenson's Eliza here (Smart IS Sexy....pre-pox, though!)
Lady McBeth (gotta love a woman who knows what she wants & isn't above bullying her man to get it!)
Jessica Rabbit (gotta love a woman that's not bad...just drawn that way!)
The chick from Heavy Metal that rode the pterodactyl
In no particular order...
Eliza Bennett
Dominique Francon
Phyllis Newton
Dagny Taggart Originally Posted by Laurentius
YUK! She'd taste like an ashtray.
Julius Caesar as depicted by Shakespeare, Richard Burton, the hottie in Rome or of course himself.
James Bond and to be more precise: Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.
James T. Kirk
Any of Carey Grant’s characters
Bic Benedict
And weirdly enough, I kinda have a thing for Professor Snape.
Madam Bovary
Lady Chatterly
Bathsheba
Any of the heroines from Jackie Collin's books
Any of the heroines from Dion Fortune's books

she's an author but writes about herself,
Xaviera Hollander

Don't remember her name, but the heroine in the book, Searching For Mr. Goodbar.

Lucy, from Bram Stoker's Dracula

Does a Goddess (e.g. Aphrodite) count as a literary character?
Julius Caesar as depicted by Shakespeare, Richard Burton, the hottie in Rome or of course himself.
James T. Kirk
Bic Benedict
And weirdly enough, I kinda have a thing for Professor Snape. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
I like how you think...
James T. Kirk
Bic Benedict
And weirdly enough, I kinda have a thing for Professor Snape. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
This points out the problem with which I was dealing.

I was having trouble sticking exclusively to literary characters. Most of my life has been lived in an era of movies & TV, so literary characters have come alive.

And we think of them in terms of how they look on the screen. So, if I can leave the strictly literary, then the world opens up.

I never read anything about Lara Croft, but mmmmmmm, she would definitely be a choice. But in reality, it's Angelina, and not Lara.

And I agree with Olivia, the best Bonds by far are Sean and Daniel (BTW, Daniel co-starred as a villain in one of the Lara Croft movies).

So, I think the question becomes: do we stick purely to the literary, or can we expand to those who have portrayed the literary characters? I don't know the OP very well, but from her other posts, she seems to be targeting literature and not necessarily portrayals.
CLASSICS

1) Constance Reid

2) Katherina (Kate) Minola

3) Portia and Nerissa (dream literary threesome)

4) Desdemona

5) Lucy Westenra

CONTEMPORARY

1) Susan Silverman

2) Lucy Chenier

3) Nadine Cross

4) Brett Ashley

5) Sookie Stackhouse
Oddly enough, so do I. Often, throughout those movies and books, I felt so sorry for him. Then at the end of the books, of course, he was great.
Any of the women drawn by Frazetta. Originally Posted by oden
A great loss that largely went unnoticed.
Oddly enough, so do I. Often, throughout those movies and books, I felt so sorry for him. Then at the end of the books, of course, he was great. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I know right? He’s brainy. And I thought of him as so wicked that no one would ever call him on the carpet for his former years as a dork. I love Alan Rickman too.

Happy Diver - Thanks

CT, I know what you mean. It’s hard to pick just the character in film. I mean would I want to ravish James T. Kirk if he wasn’t William Shatner?
Phineaus from "A Seperate Peace"
or
Holden from "Catcher in the Rye"
OK, EW, you got me! I had to look this up:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

uh, Chuck? You couldn't figure it out from context alone?

I've recently been reading Stuart Woods' novels and I'd have to say I'd like to swive just about anything one of his protagonists, Stone Barrington, beds.