Multi-million dollar question.

I would employee a maid and consider cutting back on my hours at work.
I don't think many are grasping the magnitude of AH1's theoretical winnings. 100 million!!!

In eccie terms...that's Still Lookings annual ANNUAL hobby budget! That's a lot of money. Dream big! Originally Posted by Toyz
It is a hell of a lot of money, that's why I said, that I'd live off the interest. LOL. That way my kids and grand kid(s) would have some kind of inheritance. Even living off the interest and keeping the balance in the bank would be enough to live comfortably, without worrying about anything. And be able to take vacations or travel whenever desired.
Just because we have the money, doesn't mean that we have to spend it all at once or even in a short time. But I'm also not one to be flashy or extravagant.
Gotta admit that although I love her, I wouldn't help my sister if I had it though. She's been known to burn through a half million in less than a year from a car accident settlement. LOL.
1. Donate half to churches and charities.
2. pay off relatives debts (don't have a lot of relatives so this will be easy).
3. Call ex-girlfriends and ask, "How you like me now?"
4. Quit my job and tell them where to stick it.
5. Enjoy the rest of my life....and repeat step 3 accordingly.
Put a quarter in commodities. Put a quarter into medium risk investments. Use a quarter to establish a STEM educational scholarship foundation for underprivileged youth. Sell my house and build a dream home with horse stables near a beach somewhere (not Cali where taxes are murder) with cliffs over at least 35 meters in case sea level rise floods it. Probably trade in my old luxury sedan for a newer model and buy a convertible just for fun (why not, right?) even though I'm not that into cars. Maybe buy small luxury boat for my beach house. Always fly first class. Other than that I wouldn't live ostentatiously. Flaunting wealth attracts the wrong sort of people.

Finish my doctorate and continue working because I fucking love my career, but take three months every year to focus on my compositions and writing, and to travel the world with beautiful women in and out of the hobby - just one or two at a time, not an entourage (hey, I'm not Charlie Sheen or ToYz here).

I'd put a hot assistant on retainer, but my workplaces require constant interaction with colleagues and routine security clearances for site access, so it wouldn't be practical. Oh the sacrifices we make!
Pay the gov'ment their requisite half.
Run as fast as I can to a tropical tax shelter.
Invest wisely
Live on the interest.
Act as Matron de Maison to some terribly turgid handsome housemen.
See that anyone in my family who wishes to better themselves can do so.
Help others who wish to better themselves.
Die with scandals swirling around my name. Worthy nephews inherit the remainder.

Fin
Worthy nephews inherit the remainder. Originally Posted by Miss Valentina
Interview process...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxkqy4CoWDU
Thanks Centaur. Now I feel strange and icky inside.
At first, I thought about using this money to buy all kinds of goodies, including business, car, houses.. pretty much everything you guys have been talking about. Then I did a calculation: suppose you can use 10k / day. It takes 274 years to use it all. 100 M is not 1M, not 5M, it is 100 million! It's more than enough to cover anyone's regular spending. However, winning a lottery is different from those who are born with golden spoon. If I win lottery, I'll definitely have to get use to all the side effect it brings to me, physically and mentally. Then I'll try to manage the money and return back to the society, such as building scholarship, invest to new technology, science, funds for homeless etc.. because top 1% rich men has their responsibilities.
Then I did a calculation: suppose you can use 10k / day. It takes 274 years to use it all. Originally Posted by choikyo
Every time someone on the intertubes asks this question, I think of this film...

I've actually put thought into this topic.

While they say that "money can't buy you happiness", I think that I am just the right kind of jerk to prove them wrong. Here's my plan.

First, to address tax liability I would start my own charity and name it after myself. The actual 'cause' doesn't matter much, but there should be 'cause' related conferences in Maui, Palm Springs or Boca Raton. I would 'sponsor' an annual event probably related to golf, cycling or a marathon so that I would have repeating advertisement of what I great guy I am.

Next I would become a Venture Capital Angel. I would partner with several other VC firms to fund several startups in a promising new industry. I would use these VC connections to get myself appointed to several lucrative Corporate Boards where I would rubber stamp management plans in exchange for huge stock options. Then I would provide "guidance" to all those startups and force them to hire all my high priced croneys as "consultants". In other words, I would drive these startups into the ground. I would then pick up the patent portfolios of the bankrupt companies for almost nothing and start a wholly owned company which could dominate the field with the best technical and marketing experts from the ashes.

Along the way, I would purchase depressed value homes and properties in strategic Austin locations; renting many of the homes to little old ladies. I would then buy
several politicians who would then arrange for me to have top dollar on the sale of my properties for installation of light rail lines.

With those profits, I would buy into some other type of "utility" and get the city to grant me a perpetual monopoly so I can keep the service marginal while reaping huge profits.

A little more serious, some of the ladies here have dream for a better life for themselves and their families. I would give them a loan to help them get the education they need for a more hopeful future. I would ask the loan to be paid forward to help like people out of their financially difficult situation.
-Pray it won't ruin my life like it often does.
-Accept it in a trust.
-Tell no one I won.
-Anonymously give money to family.
-Travel the world and find ways to help communities in need build clean water and agricultural sustainability.
  • Toyz
  • 09-03-2014, 11:27 AM
-Pray it won't ruin my life like it often does.
-Accept it in a trust.
-Tell no one I won.
-Anonymously give money to family.
-Travel the world and find ways to help communities in need build clean water and agricultural sustainability. Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
EJL! How've you been?

I miss your personality on the boards. Your intelligence is needed...
EJL! How've you been?

I miss your personality on the boards. Your intelligence is needed... Originally Posted by Toyz
Awww….

Pretty good Toyz! Thanks for asking.
I was just catching up on the drama.
Glad to see you all are still having some fun without me .
Glad to see these biatches are still birthing litters of issues for my favorite assholes to toot about.

Juuuuust Kidiiiiiing.

Most of all, with the plethora of verbal squabs I've been in, I am glad I can still be missed and liked; and we are above the b.s.

XO to all my Heauxs and Beauxs.
Buy a decent house
Buy a few assorted vehicles... some new, some old
Buy both my parents homes
Put money away for my kid's educations and a nice nest egg for them to start their adult lives off right
Invest in some businesses
  • onei
  • 09-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Let's see, my house will be paid off in a couple of years so that will barely dent it. DONE!
I don't want to move, hate moving – no cost there!
I'd buy a nice car and new bike – another small dent!
That month long cruise - small dent!
Spend about 3 months in Italy, Greece, England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, France and Germany - that'd be nice!
Invest the rest in rental property and retire!