?? For the guys...what's up with the review bashing??

I confess .. part of me enjoys the drama. It's a little like TV. When you've had enough, you can turn it off. Originally Posted by dodger
That is normal. I used to have a quote from Dyanna in my sig line on ASPD at one time.
Everybody likes to talk about every one elses business on the board until it is their business being posted about.

Neat gal, that Dyanna.
I love these drama threads. Too bad the mods hate them. Originally Posted by sky_wire
Ditto. I don't even hobby all that much. But the drama threads are great theatre.
Ditto. I don't even hobby all that much. But the drama threads are great theatre. Originally Posted by Justin_Scott
As I see it, then go to the theatre if that is what someone wants. I see this kind of board as an information source for people who do hobby, from either side. The pumped up drama is a major distraction for people who want to use the board for it's intended purpose. Some others are here only to create distraction.

I am not able to understand the need to create disruption or to try to hurt people. I guess I just don't have an antagonistic personality.

That is not a mod speaking. It is directly from me.

Torito

As a mod, I don't understand why it "is too bad the mods hate them." This stuff creates lots of wasted time for the staff.
... reviews ..... Originally Posted by brooke_banks69
The problem with reviews here is that almost all of them are positive, and most of them are horribly over-hyped positive reviews. It has gotten to the point where any honest review will look like a bad review. Fake reviews - both positive and negative - are another problem.

More than once in the past, I have been led astray by good reviews and ended up wasting my time and money on an unpleasant time with a provider I would rather not see. And each of these providers had _several_ good reviews. I found myself thinking "WTF were those reviewers thinking?" or "I want a toke off of what those reviewers were smoking!".

Quite often, I will see a lady reviewed described as "hot" or "beautiful" and then find that she is obviously neither from her photographs, even after those photos touched-up.

Often, I will see a truly hot and beautiful lady given a poor review, or unflattering follow-on comments, because she doesn't allow CIM or Greek or some other unpleasant (for the provider) or unsanitary practice.

I don't write reviews because I don't take them seriously and I am afraid that an honest one will reflect badly on a lady that I actually think very highly of.

Aside to NPR listeners: This place reminds me of Lake Woebegone, where "all the children are above average."
Good morning all you happy campers! lol. Can't believe I just read this entire thread! Gotta go back to bed now...

OK. Just woke up. My 3 cents.

1) Most people don't "bother" to write reviews just like most people don't bother to vote or bend down and pick up a piece of trash. If a hobbiest uses the "bashing" excuse for not writing a review, he is using that excuse to not write a review.

2) From the documented research on this thread (thanks to all who bothered!), the quantity of unjustified bashing on this board is highly exaggerated.

3) You can include the "facts" about a lady without it being negative. Good providers have to find something "good" in us to tolerate and even enjoy the company of many of us, right? I think this is called being polite. If someone has a distracting scar or acne or bad breath, say it. Just try being a little polite. Here's an example.

"Supersugargirl6969 was really sweet natured as her name implies and it was too bad that she was running late, had to bring lunch up to the appointment ...ribs... and still had the grease and odor on her after eating since the incall had no soap (or towels). I understand it was the motel's fault and not the sweet provider. And then, to top it all off, the poor girl, sweet as she was, was so busy on that day that the 15 minutes she took to eat had to be deducted from the hour I paid for. Now I don't want to be at all critical, but thought I would share my experience. Other than those things, it was a very pleasant GFE session. In fact those things made it feel more like real life, which was very cool. At the end, she was very nice and even offered me a choice of some toilet paper or the bed sheet to dry off after a quick shower at the end. Very thoughtful touch."
I don't write reviews because don't take them seriously and I am afraid that an honest one will reflect badly on a lady that I actually think very highly of. Originally Posted by edm_fw
I'm sorry E, but this is a large part of the problem and something of a 'Catch-22'. You don't write reviews because you don't take them seriously and you don't take them seriously because people are afraid to write honest reviews. When are guys going to wise up and realize that you can write an honest review without being negative and derogatory. And as a side note, if an honest review WOULD reflect badly on a provider, why would you hold her in such high esteem? This is a business, her business, and I doubt seriously that she discounted her services because you were not completely happy with them. I still think that, as a member of this community, I have an obligation to the other members, both hobbyists and providers, to honor what the venue is about; ECCInformationExchange.
+1
I don't mind admitting up front that Brooke asked me for a review, but I was only to happy to provide one because she is exceptional and I had a flat out blast with her both times I've seen her. I just signed up here but I've lurked in here now and then for a while now and notice the same attitude with a lot of posters. If you doubt the honesty of reviews then why read them at all? I think it's obvious that one good review in the midst of a batch of bad ones would raise a red flag but aren't most people smart enough to figure that out anyway without having to be told what to believe?
I don't write negative reviews because I fear the provider will retaliate in some way - they have my phone number and can show up at my front door, if they wanted.
Tim, why would they know where you live? You do use a hobby phone and never give out your real name, correct?
No guy likes a fake review, except maybe the guy who wrote it. If it's fake and negative, he might miss out on some good fun, and if it's fake and positive he might waste his $, his time, his blue pills, and the one chance a month he risks away from the wife.

Mostly, there are simple warning signs that pop up when a review is false. Being guys, we like to compete, show are inteli -- entilig-- inelijen -- smart brains by being the first to see those signs (women are impressed by smart brains, write?) and point them out.

Unfortunately, many of those signs are also common signs of a "new guy", and ironically, being a new guy is one of the signs that a review is fake. This means that sometimes, but probably not as often as this thread implies, someone cries DUCK! too soon.

I'm pretty sure only mods are issued duck hunting licenses, and everyone else is poaching on the King's land, but there's not much that can be done. It's kind of like my dog when we're out wal SQUIRREL! Yea, kind of like that.

My first review, many years ago, was not very good. The replies went on for two and a half pages, and the comments were 50-50 on my being a pimp, or a girl.

I got over it ... last week. PM me and I'll give you my therapist's number.

Call it hazing, initiation, harsh lessons on sentence structure, weeding out the weak, or think of it as a rule where you have to wear the squirrel (duck?) suit for your first review, as a way to show you're not taking it all too seriously.

White Knights are not scary. Black Knights are mostly only Black Knights in their own mind, Mods are pretty cool around the Dallas forum, and it's not hard to write a quality review even if you don't type out every sticky detail.

The bottom line is, some guys just don't like standing up in front of the class. It's been that way since kindergarten, and because they are adults now, it's not polite to make them.
pod - most excellent comments. and most excellent use of smileys i've seen in a while.

thanks for both.
On a lighter funnier note, i believe people that bash reviews are mad because they are not written like penthouse stories and they do not get off by reading them LOL, Please do not bash me LOL...really....dont HAHA

Lighten up people...granted reviews are important for both crowds but relax and remember why we hobby...Leave the drama and screw!
On a lighter funnier note, i believe people that bash reviews are mad because they are not written like penthouse stories and they do not get off by reading them LOL, Please do not bash me LOL...really....dont HAHA

Lighten up people...granted reviews are important for both crowds but relax and remember why we hobby...Leave the drama and screw! Originally Posted by alecia
alecia, so glad you posted that. it brought up another possibility.
some people
bash some reviews
because sometimes
they are somewhat pissed and angry
that some other people
are getting some more than they are getting.
given human behavior over the millenia, that is not far-fetched.
much has been fought over because someone had something someone else wanted.

and +1000000000 to the phrase i bolded.
i would, but i'm stuck in kansas city w/ a client that cant figure their shit out. but i'm getting paid for it :^)
Sex&Candy is song title...so you dont like my user name..Oh well...Kool song,..you should google it.......whats that smell? and my reviews are accurate so dont piss on them.....