Longhorns football 2017

Looks like the freshman qb might be coming in sooner than later Originally Posted by Congratulations

Great. Awesome. Super. Can't wait. Question is....

Can he play on the DL? Can he play CB or S? If not, makes no diff who you put in at QB (hells bells, bring back the second coming of Vince Young whomever that might be....he'd still be charged with having to put up video game-like numbers practically every game...)

How 'bout asking the defensive front seven to shed a block once in a while and make a tackle at or behind the line of scrimmage? How 'bout the so-called DBU'ers step up and cover someone....actually defend a pass in their direction?

What are the realistic expectations for second-year qb, Buechelle the rest of the season.....to put up 60 points a game and pray the defense can make the other team punt once in a while...?
The true freshman is supposed to play
With the OL so leaky and the QB forced to scramble and run when it breaks, what's wrong with playing Heard?
I was watching the Baltimore-NY baseball game yesterday on MLB and Jim Palmer who does the color commentary for Baltimore said, as the Orioles were getting walloped by the Yankees: "At least Maryland beat Texas last Saturday."

Isn't it nice to know that the Longhorns brought a little bit of sunshine to folks in Maryland?
Texas is 25 point favorites and they still haven't let anyone know who is starting. No matter the qb, I don't think they will win by that.
I know SJSU is ranked like 78th or something but it was good to see the Horns play well. Maybe they can build some confidence from this win. We'll see when they play USC next week. Right now watching the Sooners beat down the Buckeyes. They look great. I don't know if I can bare to watch Texas v OU this year.
Sjsu sucks. With the win, don't think that texas has a remote chance at winning because they don't. I hope you watched the usc v stanford game tonight.
We really needed that beat down. We won't beat UCLA at home. I just hope we keep it close. I had us 2-1 after next game. We will be 1-2.
We really needed that beat down. We won't beat UCLA at home. I just hope we keep it close. I had us 2-1 after next game. We will be 1-2. Originally Posted by derek303
\I know for certain UT will not beat UCLA next Saturday. They play USC.
\I know for certain UT will not beat UCLA next Saturday. They play USC. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yeah, brain fart. UCLA would be easier. Here's what I see the rest of the way.
#4 USC-L
Iowa ST-W
#18 K State-L
# 2 OK-L
#9 OK St-L
Baylor-W
# 20 TCU-L
Kansas -W
WV-L
T Tech-W
That would finish us at 5-7. We really needed that Maryland game but we pissed the bed. Maybe we can sneak the WV game or one of the others but one thing is for SURE. We can't lose another game to any I put a W by.
@io st on a Thursday night though
Just finished watching the incredible game. Full of adrenaline. Haven't seen Texas play with such heart since 2009. Texas beat themselves with penalties, missed tackles and first half missed pass interference call changed game. Still going to be difficult to go 6-6 but for the first time in years I feel optimistic about the future of the program. Ehlinger improved so much from 1st to 2nd half, he's going to be an excellent QB. Hard to believe these are the same guys who got trounced by Maryland.
Damn! Shit! Fuck! Cocksucker!
Texas played well!! 2009 was the last time I saw the defense play with any kind of heart!! Coaches could not have coached a better game.... 6-6 might be where we are heading, but Texas IS on the way up. Texas does pass the eye test now!!
Ehlinger is a warrior type. Shane may have more experience, but Sam has the intangibles. Excellent game. Even though they lost, they showed a lot of positives. The Horns are on the rise. They just need to show this type of effort and heart consistently game to game.
Too many going on 4th and short.

A l is a l. In the end, I think usc will be proven that they are over rated right now imo.

It was a good game though but you have to score to win.