Longhorns football 2017

I screamed so much the wife, kids, dogs all were pissed. That was the best game and heart since you guys said...McCoy years. Fuck Charlie Strong...we have a coach! Erlinger will be a better QB that Buechelle. The horrible run game still puzzles me. C. Johnson is the best receiver since Shipley brothers. I can't wait till next game!!!!!
There's only two places in a game.. Winners, and LOSERS.. the only thing left is to make excuses. lol
There's only two places in a game.. Winners, and LOSERS.. the only thing left is to make excuses. lol Originally Posted by nuglet

1. Football is entertainment... I was highly entertained by UT for the first time in almost a Decade.
2. USC will fall in ranks maybe three or four levels.. and yet they WON.
3. UT demonstrated to everyone , including themselves that they can play football.. the right way

Errors and penalties can be addressed but lack of good Football Play cannot.
Hookem!
1. Football is entertainment... I was highly entertained by UT for the first time in almost a Decade.
2. USC will fall in ranks maybe three or four levels.. and yet they WON.
3. UT demonstrated to everyone , including themselves that they can play football.. the right way

Errors and penalties can be addressed but lack of good Football Play cannot.
Hookem! Originally Posted by harkontume
Call it what you will, still a LOSS!! But don't get me wrong, I just hate football, all football, couldn't care which one it was.. Both losers would be preferable. lol
And they (texas) lost one of their best offensive linemen for 4-6 weeks. Usc hasn't played well in alll of their games. Just let the season play out before you call it a big win or whatever.
Horns play tomorrow night to a big audience. We are giving up 6 points and the over/under is 63.5. I say we cover the spread and I'll take the under. Horns win 31- 21
I said 2-10 at the beginning of the season, I may give them 1 more the way Baylor is playing.
Well, I won the spread and the under. Our D is looking great! If our O picks it up a little we could have a 8 win year still. I'm sticking with 6-6.
Wrong thread
A win is a win and I'll take it but Iowa State was not exactly an exciting game. The next few weeks will tell how much the 'Horns have really improved.
Guys, I'm predicting we beat K State. They are a solid team as always with Bill Snyder. I think he turns 78 the day of the game. What a legend. He's by far the oldest coach. Saben is 2nd at 61. Horns win a D battle 17-14.
Guys, I'm predicting we beat K State. They are a solid team as always with Bill Snyder. I think he turns 78 the day of the game. What a legend. He's by far the oldest coach. Saben is 2nd at 61. Horns win a D battle 17-14. Originally Posted by derek303
The Longhorns are getting better and better. I like your prediction.

Speaking of Coach Saban, I predict A&M over Alabama (for a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter).
Hard fought win! I'll take it.. But we need a field goal kicker!!!!!!
If this shit keeps up I'm going to need a 2nd cardiologist. The most impressive thing to me is the fight Texas is showing this year. In Mac's last few years and all Strong's tenure if you punched Texas in the nose they pulled up their panties and ran home. They're playing Real Man football now. Plenty of chances to fold against a good K State team but the 'Horns just kept coming back. The negatives: Texas is still giving up the deep middle pass, the announcers said it's the 2nd receiver on those routes that are giving Texas fits. I also don't understand why Herman didn't take the field goal that would have tied game 3-3 but instead led to 10-0 KS lead. Why?
Still, it just feels like the program has positive momentum for the 1st time since '09.
OU next week and they're gonna be madder'n wet hens after losing to Iowa St. today.
Hook'em!
And ditto about FG kicker!
Great win! Now for the real question. Does Herman start Ellinger against OU or Buechelle? He stated Buechelle would not lose his starting job due to injury. I vote Ellinger and it's not even close.